Return to Wolfwood Mansion

~(Y/N) POV~

After that day, the trio kept bugging me about Nicholas Flamel. As if I knew who the fuck he was? Time has flown by incredibly quickly. It's the day before Christmas break, we don't have any classes, and I'm sitting in the Slytherin common room with Draco.

"I'm starving. Do you want to grab some food and bring it down here?" Draco yawns.

"Sure, I'm bored anyway I'll be right back. Next time it's your turn, though." I reply.

I make my way down to the Great hall to grab some breakfast. When I walk in, I start to make my way to the Slytherin table. The decorations were lovely. I grab one plate for Draco and me to share. When I'm done filling it with food, I hear three familiar voices calling my name. I turn around and approach them at the Gryffindor table.

 I turn around and approach them at the Gryffindor table

"What's up?" I ask them.

"Ron is staying here for Christmas to help you and Harry dig on Nicholas Flamel. His parents decided to go to Romania to visit his brother Charlie." Hermione explains.

"There's one thing you probably need to know." Harry starts.

"And what might that be?" I question.

"We need to get into the restricted section." Ron finishes.

"You're kidding, right?" I say. "You've practically been begging to get a detention since we've come here."

"Come on (y/n)! You need to help us! Especially with Hermione gone. You've snuck in and out loads of places." Ron bellows.

"It doesn't matter how much you beg me. I can't. I'm going home for Christmas. I thought I told you." I reply.

"What? You can't stay? Just tell your parents you want to." Harry pleads.

"I seriously can't. The Malfoys throw a Christmas ball, and the Wolfwoods throw a New Year ball." I say. "I can't just ask my parents for things like that."

"I guess you guys are on your own then. Merry Christmas!" Hermione says and walks out of the hall.

"I should probably go too, I was only supposed to come down for food, and the trains leaving soon. Merry Christmas." I say with a smile and walk back to the common room.

Draco and I finish eating and haul our bags down to the common room. They would be brought home for us. The only thing I brought on the train with me was my wand, a book, and some galleons. The ride was pretty long. Draco and I gossiped and bought snacks from the trolley. We were only about halfway there when I started to feel tired. I haven't slept pretty much all week. I've been worried about going home, and so has Draco. We both despise our families.

"Are you okay?" Draco asks, noticing my mood shift.

"I'm just tired." I say and lean my head against the wall.