Happy Birthday!

(Trigger warning, anxiety attack)

~(Y/n) POV~

It's been about a few weeks since the first day of school. October's almost over! I've been practicing Quidditch with Flint almost every day. He told me that next week I'd be able to join in on the regular team practices. When I told Draco about Quidditch, he was so excited. He thought this would gain me more attention, just like my mother wanted. The thing is, I haven't told her yet. She doesn't support girls playing Quidditch. She thinks it's a man's game. I'll tell her next time I have to write her a letter. I don't know when that will be.

So far, this week has been pretty normal. I've been talking with Draco every day, and I've even become closer to Crabbe and Goyle. They aren't the brightest people in the world, but they do seem to be loyal to Draco and me. We've been learning a few spells and potions too, nothing too big.

I wake up this morning with a pounding headache. My brother Maxx keeps slipping into my mind more frequently lately. It's causing me to lose sleep. I get up, slip on a skirt and my robe, and head into the bathroom. I look in the mirror and jump back a little startled. I have noticeable dark circles under my eyes. I throw on some mascara, hoping it will make me look more awake. I walk out of my dorm to find Draco in the common room.

"Hey." I say, sleepily.

"(y/n), have you been sleeping?" Draco asks me, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about it." I answer.

"Let's get to breakfast, I don't want to be late again." Goyle murmurs.

********************

The four of us walk in and sit in our normal seats at the end of the Slytherin table. We grab plates and start to eat breakfast, talking about Quidditch and class. I feel a warm hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn around. I see Cedric standing there uncomfortably.

"Hey (y/n). can I talk to you for a second?" Cedric asks me.

"Of course." I say. I turn to Draco. "I'll be back before charms class." I say and walk away with Cedric.

"Are you okay? You seemed a little unsettled back there." I ask him.

"Yeah, it's just Slytherins are usually so mean, and I was expecting something bad to happen." He replies.

"Nah, you'll be fine if you stick with me. What did you need to talk about?" I ask.

"Oh, it's nothing really too important, I just haven't talked to you all week and I was wondering if you wanted to practice for Quidditch after classes." Cedric says looking down at me.

"Sure, that sounds fun." I say with a smile.

"God sometimes I wonder why you're a Slytherin." He says sighing in relief.

"Just don't get on my bad side." I say with a chuckle. "You must know that not all Slytherins are mean right. We're mostly just stereotyped."

"I guess I just never got the chance to get to know any of them, Elijah kind of drew me away from interacting with you guys." He laughs.

"Well, what made you want to get to know me? The day I bumped into you in the hallway you could have just moved along." I say, curiously.

"I'm not actually sure." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, come one, there has to be a reason. If you avoided Slytherins the entire time you've been at Hogwarts, why did you insist on walking me to my dorm?" I say with a smile.

"There was just something about yo- you know what, I don't know. Nevermind." He stutters.

"Alright." I giggle.