Chocolate Frogs

~(Y/N) POV~

I stare at Draco wide-eyed. 

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

His face turns a bright shade of red. He goes to stand up, but I grab his hand and pull him down next to me.

"I- It's fine. Draco, where are you going?" I ask softly.

"I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." He answers and looks away from me.

"Stop. It's alright. I mean, we are a bit young for that kind of stuff, but I'm not mad at you." I reassure him.

"Still best friends?" He finally turns to look at me.

"Of course. Nothing changes." I smile.

He smiles back and looks at his hands awkwardly. I roll my eyes and pull him into a much-needed hug. He returns it happily.

We sit there talking for a long while, just watching the fireworks.

"Are you ready to go back to Hogwarts tomorrow?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm sick of our parents already." He laughs.

"Me too." I giggle.

"That reminds me. I forgot to give you your Christmas gift." He pulls a good-sized box out of his jacket pocket.

"You've really been carrying that around all night?" I grin.

"Just open it." He rolls his eyes.

I peel back the brown paper wrappings and gasp.

"Draco!?" I say excitedly.

"Mhm?" He smiles.

"How did you even know to get me these?" I question.

"I may or may not have seen you drawing in that green sketchbook. And, I may or may not have seen your paintings in your dorm closet." He smirks.

Draco gave me one of the most high-quality sets of sketching pencils I'd ever seen.

No one knows that I love art. Except for Maxx, he taught me how to paint. There's no way in hell I'm bringing that up now, though. I'm glad Draco found out. He is my best friend after all.

"You are so nosey." I shake my head.

"Do you like it?" He asks, hopefully.

"I love it! Thank you." I chuckle. "I have a gift for you inside."

Eventually, Draco and I climb back through my bedroom window.

"You didn't need to get me anything." Draco says.

"Be quiet. I wanted to." I reply.

I walk into my closet and grab a small wrapped gift. I had my house elf Ollie pick it up from the bookstore before the ball.

"Here." I hand it to him.

He unwraps the gift and smiles. It's a book full of songs he could learn on the piano. I made sure to pick out a book of ones he didn't know yet.

"Thanks (y/n), I love it." He smiles brightly.

"Good, because I had no idea what to get you." I laugh.

"This is perfect." He responds.

The ball comes to an end, and we part ways. Before I knew it, I was in my bed, staring at the ceiling.

Overwhelming thoughts keep pooling in my head.

'What just happened? Did he really kiss me? Was Hermione right about us? Nope, Hermione's just annoying. Am I going to have to talk to Lorenzo again? I bet. He scares me a little. I wonder what's going on with Harry and Ron? I hope they found stuff on Nicholas Flamel. I don't want them bugging me about that anymore. I have so much on my plate right now. '