Hogwarts Express

~(y/n) POV~

I walk up behind Draco and place my hand on his shoulder. He jumps, looks over at me, and smiles.

"Are you ready yet?" He asks.

"Yeah, hurry up before there aren't any seats left." I exclaim.

We enter the train and walk down the long hallway, checking for an empty compartment to sit in. Every single one that we pass is occupied. I can tell Draco is starting to get worried. 

We walk onto the last train car that is reserved for the first years. I look through all of the compartments only to see one with two empty seats. I look at the other two people sitting down and notice its Ron and Harry. I then think about all of the terrible things they said about Draco and realize that we probably shouldn't sit with them. Unforunately, it's our only option.

"Draco, there are two empty seats over here." I say tugging on his black suit. He turns around to look and his eyes light up.

"(y/n)! That kid you were talking to, that didn't happen to be Harry Potter, did it?" He questiones me.

"Actually it was, and he was pretty nice, why?" I ask a question back.

"Well I'm not really supposed to be talking about this to anyone, but my father told me to befriend him. He said a lot of other strange things as well, but I'll just leave it at that." Draco explains.

"That's funny, my mom told me to do a bunch of weird things like that too." I comment back.

"We should talk about this later, we need to sit down, and I don't know if I trust talking about this in front of Potter." He says.

"Listen Draco, don't be alarmed if they act defensively. Ron was talking bad about you earlier, and I don't want you making a bad impression. Especially if your father wants you to be friends with Harry." I say to him.

"My father said that if someone tries to question my authority as a pureblood, to-" Draco huffs before I cut him off.

"Don't finish that sentence. My mother told me to do the same thing. I guess we'll have to do what we have to do." I say and shrug my shoulders. "It's your decision, I'm just telling you right now being rude is not going to win you points with Potter. I'll go along with whatever you decide to do ok?" I look up at him.

"Okay, I'll do what I need to do, come on." He ushers me forward into the compartment.

"Hey, Harry, Ron, we were wondering if we could sit with you guys? All of the other compartments are full." I ask.

"We?" Harry raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah, Draco and I." I reply

"Sure that's fine." Ron says and looks at Harry. I frown. They haven't even spoken yet, and they're already judging him.

We sit down next to each other across from Harry and Ron.

"I'm Draco Malfoy, but you can just call me Malfoy." He says and extends his hand.

Ron burst out laughing, and I shoot him the bitchiest glare I possibly can. Draco is going to take this horribly.

"I'm Harry Potter, and this is R-" Harry starts to speak but Draco cuts him off.

"Think my names funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." Draco spits.

The cart was silent for a second and I look over at Draco. I can tell he wants to say something to me. He grabs a piece of paper and a quill from his bag and starts writing.