The Halloween Feast

~(Y/N) POV~

I've spent the last few days studying, attending classes, and moping around the common room. Nothing special has really happened. Hermione is still pissed off at everyone, though. Whatever, I shouldn't care anyway.

Today's Halloween. That's about the most exciting thing that's happened since my birthday. The teachers didn't give us any homework, and it was almost time for dinner. I heard they go all out for Halloween.

I walk into the great hall and see multiple pumpkins hovering in the air. They must be bewitched like the ceiling too.

"Wow, it's so cool looking in here." I say to Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle as we find our way to the end of the table.

"It smells good too." Crabbe drools.

"Will you get your head out of your stomach?" Draco snaps. He hasn't been in the best mood. I think his dad keeps sending him letters about his attitude. I feel bad. I, on the other hand, have been avoiding my family as much as possible. Elijah keeps telling me to owl mother, but I can't deal with her right now. If she won't owl me, I won't owl her.

"Sorry, Malfoy." Crabbe mumbles. We proceed to our seats and settle in.

Before we could even get much of a word in, professor Quirrel comes barging into the dining hall.

"Troll! Troll in the dungeon!" He screams frantically. "Thought you outta know." He adds before fainting to the ground.

Everyone stops what they're doing to stare at him. The entire hall goes silent. The color leaves Draco's face. (Not that there was much there in the first place.)

All of a sudden, everyone breaks out into screams. I've got to admit, Draco's face is priceless. I almost want to laugh. I know Dumbledore wouldn't let us anywhere near the troll, so I'm not all that worried.

Draco grabs my robe and drags me out of my seat. Before we could go anywhere, Dumbledore stops us.

"Silence!" His voice booms throughout the room. Everyone stops in their tracks. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, prefects will lead you to your house, and teachers will follow me to the dungeons."

Everyone starts to follow their prefects out of the room.

"Um, the Slytherin house is in the dungeons. I know Dumbledore hates us, but does he want us to get murdered?" I ask, confused.

"Let's just go and see what happens." Draco ushers me out of the room.

I start making my way back to the common room when someone grabs my arm.

"Um, excuse you?" I say, turning around. I see that it's Harry and Ron and calm down. "What? I have to get to my house."

"Hermione! Hermione's missing!" Ron screeches.

"And? What about it?" I ask, crossing my arms. "I thought you hated her."

"We don't want her to get attacked by a troll!" Harry blurts out.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it?" I ask.

"Come with us. To find her. Seamus told us she's in the girl's bathroom crying." Ron pleads.

"Whatever, let's hurry up before we get caught." I reply.

The three of us make our way to the girl's bathroom as quickly as possible. Right as we were about to enter, we saw a trolls shadow flash across the wall, followed by heavy footsteps.

"I think the trolls left the dungeon." Ron stutters. The troll is entering the girl's bathroom.

"Nope, no thanks, Hermione can deal with the troll." I jump.