The Willow Tree

~(Y/N) POV~

We leave the field and walk through a small path.

"Draco do you know where we're going?" I ask him quietly.

"No." He huffs, still grasping my hand.

I don't ask any more questions. I can tell he's really upset but just didn't want to show it. I don't really know why though. We've only known each other for a short time, but it was like we'd known each other for years.

He leads me down to the black lake, under an old willow tree. He sits down and looks up at me. I join him on the ground, leaning up against the tree.

"Are you okay?" I ask looking into his grey eyes.

"No." Is all that he says in a shaky voice.

I slide over close to him and pull him into a tight hug. He immediately returns it. we sit there for a few minutes like that. I know that just by being here I'm helping him. I don't say anything, because he tends to think this kind of stuff is a weakness of his, and that you have to compress your emotions. I mentally curse Lucius for making him think this way.

A light wind blows around our messy hair. The warm sunlight beams across the soft grass. The leaves shake and birds chirp in their nests. I'll never forget what it's like to sit under this old willow tree by the water.

"Thank you." He says quietly looking at the ground. He releases his grip so just his right arm is hanging around my shoulder.

"You're welcome." I say in a quiet tone. "You know Hermione's just an annoying mudblood right?"

It felt incredibly wrong to say, but I knew it would make Draco feel better.

"The worst one in the school." He replies shooting me one of his signature Draco smirks. This was what I like to see, the happy side of Draco.

**********

Draco and I are wandering the halls looking for something to do, we had just left the willow tree, and it's our free block. All of a sudden, Professor McGonigal whips around the corner, with Harry by her side. My stomach drops. I don't want to deal with this right now.

"Ah, Ms. Wolfwood. Just the young lady I was looking for, and Mr. Malfoy, perfect. Follow me." She bellows.

"Are we in trouble?" I ask.

"No, Mr. Potter here has earned himself detention for throwing the Remembral at the window, and you, my dears have earned the Slytherin house 10 points each for helping stop it. Draco, you can go now, I need to steal Ms. Wolfwood here for a moment." The professor informs us.

Draco looks at me still confused. I forgot I hadn't explained the Remembral situation to him yet.

"Yeah that's fine, I'll fill you in later Draco." I say with a smile.

"Alright, I'll be in the Slytherin common room if you're looking for me." Draco says nudging me with his elbow. He turns and walks in the direction of the dungeons.

"Why did you want to speak to just me and Harry?" I ask Professor McGonagall. She doesn't answer, she just keeps walking to the defense against the dark arts classroom.

"Professor Quirrell, excuse me, would I be able to borrow Wood and Flint for a moment?"

"Y-y-yes of course." He answers with a stutter. Wood and Flint get up from seats and walk out of the classroom. I don't really like talking to upperclassmen very much, especially year fives and above.

"Potter, Wolfwood, this is Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint." She says turning to them. I was still very confused. "I have found the Gryffindor team a seeker, and the Slytherin team a beater." She says with excitement. It all makes sense, Oliver and Marcus are quidditch captains.