Benji

~(y/n) POV~

Lucius, Draco, and I walk up to my parents.

"(y/n), where on earth have you been? Elijah said you yelled at him and ran off, we were worried sick!" My mother rambles off annoyed. 

Lucius and Draco give me a look. I smile and try to ignore the sudden attention.

"I'm sorry mother, I won't do that again. I did get a little lost, but thankfully Lucius and Draco were here to help me find my way to Olivanders." I apologize and bite my tongue. 

"Hello Lucius, long time no see, why don't we have the kids go into the pet shop while we have a chat." My father says suspiciously. 

Draco glares at his father, grabs my wrist, and pulls me into the pet shop. I give him a confused look but he just keeps pulling me along until we get to the very back of the store. 

"Not to ruin the moment or anything, but what are you doing?" I say looking him up and down. 

"Can't you tell when your parents are hiding something from you? They're obviously up to something." Draco whispers.

"I don't know about your father, but my parents are always up to something. Trust me when I say we should just leave them alone, I've learned it the hard way." I whisper back.

"What are they gonna do? Send you to your room? I bet my father is 10 times worse than both of your parents combined." He argues back still in a whispered tone. 

I grit my teeth. He has no idea what my parents are like. 

"Even if we did want to figure it out how could we? The matter is probably already dealt with. It's also not like I'm disagreeing with you either. I know how it feels to have your parents constantly do this to you, but it's not worth trying to fix something that's unfixable." I look at the ground and then back up at Draco. He's staring right into my eyes. I think this is a pretty weird conversation to have with someone I've only just met, but he seems like he trusts me and needs to talk. "Messing with it will only get you in trouble."

"I guess you're right, it might be better to just let it be this time Wolfwood." Draco agrees.

"You know you can call me (y/n), right?" I assure him.

"(y/n)." He corrects himself and puts his hand on my shoulder. I felt heat rush up into my cheeks again, I hope he can't tell I'm blushing. 

I guess he can tell though because he gives me a smirk and opens his mouth to say something before suddenly getting cut off by Elijah.      

"Am I interrupting something (y/n)?" Elijah struts down the aisle to where we're standing, hidden behind a few shelves. "I don't know if I need to remind you, but I came here to get you two owls, not watch you snog in the back of a pet store."

Draco and I quickly jump away from each other, this time I could tell he was the one blushing. We definitely weren't snogging, who does my brother think I am? I'm 11 years old, sometimes his little comments really get to me. 

Elijah grabs my arm and pulls me over to the isle filled with cages and cages of owls. To be completely honest, I didn't really think I was going to need one, and that they were just going to be extra work, but my mother insisted I had one for mail. 

Draco, Elijah, and I walk down the aisle. I stop in front of a brown looking one with white spots and big black eyes. 

"I'll take this one," I say quickly and grab the golden cage. "I don't have to bring it to classes though, do I? That would be pretty irritating." I say as it stares at me. 

"I don't think so, they can stay in your dorm, but you'll need them for transfiguration class." Draco says as he grabs a white owl with brown spots and black beady eyes. The owl he picked out looks pretty similar to mine.

"What are you going to name him?" Draco asks me as we walk to the register. 

"I think I'll name him Benji," I answer. "How about you?"

"I think I like the name, Hunter." He says sticking his finger into the cage. It instantly nips him. "Bloody hell this bird is a monster." He growls angrily as he pays the man at the register. 

We walk out of the pet store with our owls and approach our parents. They become quiet when we get in earshot which causes Draco and me to give each other concerning looks. 

"Is there anything else we could possibly need?" I ask.

"Of course there is, but I sent our house elf Ollie to receive the rest of the things on your supply list, and arrive this evening before dinner is served." My father replies. "I can see you and Draco have already become great friends, you will be seeing a lot of each other at Hogwarts, so I'm glad you'll have a familiar face."

"I'm afraid you children will have to say your goodbyes now though. We should be getting back to the mansion and they should be getting back to their manor." My mother looks down at us.

I look at Draco and realize that I'm going to miss him for the rest of the week. I know it sounds weird, but the kid stuck on me, and I know I stuck on him too. He looks at me for a minute as well, wondering what to do. I break the silence and pull him into a quick hug. He stiffens up taken aback for a moment, but gives in, and returns it for a few seconds before I pull away. 

"Bye Draco, I'll see you at school next week." I say with a slightly sad smile.

"Bye (y/n)." He responds and shoots me one of his signature smirks, causing me to roll my eyes. I turn away and hurry after my parents. They give each other a strange look. Luckily, they don't make any sly comments. They just offered their arms so we could apparate back to Wolfwood Mansion.