Breaking School Rules

~(Y/n) POV~

Draco helps me clean up my dorm a little before we decided to leave.

"What if it's cold? Should I put on sweat pants?" I ask.

"That's a good idea. Before we go, we should stop by my dorm so I can grab a hoodie." Draco responds.

I dig out a pair of grey sweatpants from my dresser. I walk into the bathroom and change quickly. I kept Draco's hoodie on and slip on a pair of white sneakers. I grab my wand, and we leave to go to Draco's room. I wait at the door frame of his dorm while he slips a green hoodie on over his t-shirt.

"Hey, we're matching now." I giggle quietly.

"I think it's because you stole my Malfoy sweatshirt." He rolls his eyes and walks toward me.

"You gave me this sweatshirt. Giving and stealing are two very different things." I punch him in the arm lightly.

"Let's go." He rolls his eyes and closes the door to his dorm.

We tiptoe down the stairs leading to the Slytherin common room without making a sound. Thank Merlin, no one was awake. We carefully left the Slytherin common room and close the door behind us. We stroll down the hallways, and make our way to the moving staircases. That's where we're going to be most at risk. The paintings talk, you know. We enter the stairwell and slowly make our way to ground level.

"Draco, where are we going?" I ask him quietly.

"I have no idea? Outside somewhere?" He whispers back.

We make it to ground level, and it was pitch black. Draco cast lumos so we could find our way to a door. We are almost down the hallway when we hear heavy footsteps coming from around the corner.

"What do we do?" I whisper in a panic.

Draco pulls me behind a stone pillar and casts nox to terminate the light coming from his wand. It's an extremely tight fit for both of us, but we have to make it work if we don't want to get caught. I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from breathing too loud. All of a sudden, we see Filtches cat pass by our hiding space.

"Who is it, Mrs. Norris?" Filtch asks creepily.

He slowly walks by us with a small lantern, following his cat. When we're sure that they're gone, we squeeze out from behind the pillar.

"That was close." Draco sighs with relief.

"We have to keep going." I say and cast lumos from my wand. We finally make our way outside and shut the door behind us.

I take a deep breath of the cold October air and shiver. The wind blows my hair and whips small strands around my face. I tuck some behind my ear and look over at Draco.

"What are you looking at?" I ask with a small laugh.

"Nothing in particular." He says and keeps eye contact with me.

"Suddenly, my names nothing in particular." I smile sarcastically.

"You're impossible." He smiles back. It was so cold out I could see his breath.

"Says you." I roll my eyes jokingly.

He links arms with me and leads me to the Quidditch field. We walk up some stairs and sit down in the Slytherin bleachers.

"What are we doing up here?" I ask, turning to him. I shiver once more. I'm glad I decided to wear sweatpants.

"I'm not really sure. I just thought it would be cool up here."  He answers, looking at me. "The sky is really pretty tonight too. I thought we'd get a better view."