Dumblewhore

TW: Anxiety

~(Y/N) POV~

I look at the clock on the wall of the common room and nudge Draco on the shoulder.

"We have to go." I whisper. "You got the camera?"

"Right, right." He whispers back. "I've got it."

"Guys, we should wrap this up. It's getting late." I pretend to yawn.

"Yeah, any minute now, Snape's going to bust us anyway." Draco chimes in.

Everyone around the circle agrees and heads back to their dorms.

"I wasn't expecting any of that to happen tonight." I turn to Draco, who's silently sitting next to me, staring into the fire.

He nods and decides not to say anything.

"Hello? Draco?" I wave my hand in front of his face. "Are you okay?"

"Whatever, I'm fine. Let's just go." He stands up, looking pretty upset.

"I know you better than that. Stop it right now." I frown.

"They're all pigs." He scoffs.

"Now, I understand." I sigh. "You don't have to worry about them Draco. I can take care of myself. It was a harmless game. You can't tell me you didn't have a little fun."

"I had fun, but half of our friend group was drooling over you. They're not even trying to hide it. Aren't you uncomfortable? I mean, Vitali kissed you."

"It did make me a little uncomfortable, but I know they're harmless." I shrug. "You kissed me too."

"How exactly would you like me to respond to that?" He breathes and rubs his temple.

"I didn't think about it, sorry." I look down.

"You really should have."

"Are you mad at me? Or Lorenzo? Or Blaise? I don't understand." I start to get overwhelmed. I don't want Draco to be mad at me. Plus, we have somewhere to be.

"No, no, no, no. I couldn't be mad at you." He chuckles and starts pacing.

"Calm down. Please. You're making me nervous." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Sorry." He sits back down next to me.

I rest my head on his shoulder because I'm not sure what to say.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" He asks shakily. 

"No. Sometimes you worry me, though." I answer, honestly.

"What? What do you mean by that?" I can feel him tense up.

"I think I might have worded that wrong. I meant I'm worried about you. Maybe even worried about myself. I'm not sure which yet. Maybe both."

"Why would you be worried about either of us?"

"I feel like all of this is temporary. Us being happy right now."

Draco stays silent.

"I know we're not very happy, I know our lives aren't exactly the easiest, but at least when it's just the two of us together, it drowns out everything scary. Home, family, all the shit Harry's got me wrapped up in. It feels like our life isn't going to be this happy for much longer."

"I'm not going anywhere, you know." He relaxes a little.

"Neither am I." I say. "But I have a bad feeling about the future."