Malfoy Manor

~(Y/N) POV~

The past few days have been terrible. It's like I'm living in a time loop. I wake up early, I put concealer over my dark circles, and I pretend to be happy. I go to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I sneak out in the middle of the night to sit in front of my brother's door and cry until I can't breathe.

I forgot what it was like to live here.

To constantly be in pain.

Maybe one day it won't hurt so bad. Maybe one day I'll go numb.

Though, I don't want to go numb. I want to know what it feels like to love. If I shut out the ability to feel pain, I'd be shutting out the ability to feel love.

So I'd like to feel everything.

--------------------

Today's Christmas, but that doesn't mean very much to me. This morning I watch Elijah and Jazmine tear open their gifts excitedly. I quickly open mine and plaster on a smile. I know they spent an absurd amount of money on everything. But I also know that it didn't hurt them financially at all. They were probably proud to be spending all of this money on Christmas.

The rest of the day didn't consist of much. After eating lunch, my mother brought over the ballroom dancing teacher again. I already know almost every formal dance created, but "I need the practice."

It's currently 5:00 pm, and the Malfoys party starts at 6:00. I'm digging through my closet, trying to find something acceptable to wear. I come across a few things I could wear, but nothing is jumping out at me yet. I hate picking out gowns. I angrily swipe past a couple more hangers until I spot the perfect one.

I take it out of my closet and lay it on my bed

"(Y/n), may I come in?" My mother asks.

"Yes, mother." I reply.

"Have you chosen your dress yet?"

"Yes, it's on my bed."

My mother struts over to my bed to observe it.

"It's lovely. Put it on and I'll come back in to do your hair." She huffs.

I slip it on and struggle with the corset.

"Mother, will you tighten the corset for me?" I ask.

She enters my room and grabs ahold of the corset strings. With all of her strength, she pulls them together. I gasp and wince. I think she broke a rib or something.

'Nope.' I think to myself. 'That's just what it's like wearing a corset.'

After about 15 minutes, my mother finishes my hair.

"You can finish your makeup without me. I'm going to check on Jazmine. We're leaving in 20 minutes." My mother states as she walks out of the room.

I work a little harder on my makeup than I usually do.