Bloody Hell

~(y/n) POV~

I start to walk down the stairs that lead into the common room. I feel multiple sets of eyes on me. I try to act unphased, but it's really starting to get to me. I open the door and make my way into the torch-lit hallway. I walk up to the moving stairwells.

I spot Ron, Harry, and Hermione whispering together. I don't really want to talk to anyone right now, but I think that I should make things right with Harry.  I run up the stairs to catch up with them.

"Hey, guys." I say reluctantly.

"Hi (y/n)." Ron answers. The trio stops where they're walking to face me.

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened earlier today." I say reluctantly. I'm not really expecting them to forgive me.

"It's alright. I know that you're friends with Malfoy, and it can be hard to make decisions when he's around." Harry says.

"Well, it's a bit more complicated than that, but thank you for accepting my apology Harry." I reply.

"No problem." He says with a smile.

"I want to say sorry to you too, Hermione. I shouldn't have said any of those things to you. I was thinking about my mother, and, as I said before, it's complicated." I say, trying to get on her good side.

"I guess it's okay (y/n). We heard about what went down in the Slytherin common room a few minutes ago, and now we know why you did what you did." She answers with a sad smile.

"Yeah, it's all good, technically you didn't do anything to me, but still." Ron says, stuttering slightly.

"Thank god, I didn't want you to get the wrong impression of me. I really try to be good, honestly, but sometimes things like that happen." I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"You're fine, really." Harry insists.

"(Y/n)? Are you wearing Malfoy's sweatshirt?" Ron asks curiously.

"Yeah, I was in his dorm, and I was cold. So, he gave it to me." I say in a neutral tone.

"Uhm, what were you doing in the boy's dormitories (y/n)?" Hermione asks suspiciously.

"I was upset, so Draco pulled me there. And it's not like it's the first time I've been." I say, surprised they were acting so strange about it.

"You know that's a little odd, being in his room, wearing his sweatshirt." Harry adds.

"Wait, I don't get it. You don't think- we're 11!" I say and furrow my eyebrows.

"Well, it's almost as if-" Hermione says, getting cut off. The entire staircase shifts paths throwing us all off guard.

"What's going on?" Ron asks worriedly.

"The staircase changes, remember?" Hermione answers.

"Let's go this way." Harry says, rushing up the stairs.

"Before the stairs move again." I add.

We walk through a big wooden door thats right on the top of the stairs. We enter and instantly see thick cobwebs. Dust covers everything in sight. It looks like no one has been here in years.

"Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" I ask.

"We aren't supposed to be here. This is the third floor, its forbidden." Hermione whines.

"Let's go." Harry says in a panic.

We are about to leave when a cat comes around the corner.

"It's Filtches cat!" Hermione whispers.