Chapter 2|| No choice

{Y/n POV}

I crawled through the window and fell on to the floor with thump. I hear my mom walking to my room *Shit*. She opens the door, I see tears in her eyes. *Was she crying?* She runs up to me and hugs me. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?" She yells at me. "I went out for a walk." You explain to her. "I didn't see go out the door?" She said confusedly. "I went out the window." I said. "Oh, well you know you will still have to do the hunting job right." My mom said with a worried face. I never liked hurting animals. I liked eating meat but it's because it's already dead, I don't like killing animals. And the towns people brought a proposal to my mom and it's if I become a hunter the town's people would let me and my mom in.

But the problem with this is that the people will still treat me unequally. Why would I want to do something I don't like when I wouldn't even be treated as an equal. "Right, just don't yell at me when they tell you your son isn't participating." But I will do it for my mom. I know she misses the town and how much she gave up to rise me. I had to do it for her.  She nodded and left my room. I went to bed sad I will have kill animals.

                    <The next day>

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I groan when I got up from bed. I went to the living room to see my mom cleaning. I went to the back and did my business. When I went back to the living room I see my mom was done cleaning. "Hey is there anything we need?" She asked me. "Not that know of." I tell her. "I'm going to the market so I'll be gone for a while." She says and I nod. She walks out the door. I wait 5 minutes to see if she forgot something. She didn't come back in.

I grabbed a sack and put some food in it. I was gonna see Kirishima. I went on the same path I did when I first meet him. I went in the exit Kirishima told me to go through last time. I walked in the cave to not see him. I call him out "Kirishima." No response. I call out again. "Kirishima it's me (Y/n)." Again no response. *Where is that red haired boy.* I heard something behind me. I turned around and "ROAR." I punch the thing and hear an "Ow" I see who it is and it's Kirishima. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry Kirishima." I say franticly. "It's okay, I shouldn't of scared you. That was a bad idea." Rumbing his arm.(You punched him there)

"You punch pretty hard." He comments. "I'm sorry, but I brought you food." I pull out some food from the sack. I brought meat, fruits, and some water from a nearby river. "Oh this all looks delicious." He says with a bright smile. The smile was more blinding then the sun itself. He started gobbling the food. "Woah woah slow down, you don't want to choke on the food." I say to the dragon.

After a while we talked. And then Kirishima asked "You seem down, what's up?" "Oh it's nothing." I tell him not wanting to bother him. He puts a hand on my shoulder. "I don't know if you consider us as friends but we are and you can tell me anything." He tells me in a gentle tone. "... fine, but don't tell me I didn't warn ya." He lays on his stomach, putting both hands under his chin kicking his legs in the air.

                     ( After venting)

"Oh, that's a lot to take in." Kiri says. "Yeah it is." I say. "Well I'm happy for you standing up to your mom, even if you have no choice." I give a small smile. "Thanks Kiri." "Wait, is that my nickname. Kiri?" He laughs. "Come on like you can think of anything better." I retort. "Yeah I can I-uh.... okay maybe your right." Kirishima whispers the last part. I chuckle.

[Word count 714]