𝐗. THE FALL OF L'MANBURG

❝ VICES ❞

September 22nd, 2020

TOMMY'S EXCITED SHOUTS PRACTICALLY MADE RORY GO DEAF. He quickly switched to Discord and lowered Tommy's volume before returning to the game, glancing at his camera with a smile to show his own excitment about POG2020's win. Plus, you know, it was hard to be upset when someone that he considered a younger brother was so happy. "LET'S GO WILBUR!" Rory shouted admist the shouts of celebration and disapproval.

"Stop— stop celebrating," Will begged, making everyone fall silent. Will sighed. "Two nights ago, on the night of the election, um, after the annoucment of Schlatt2020 and— and Coconut2020," he stammered. Rory frowned, sitting forward as Schlatt, who stood behind Will on the podium, began to laugh smugly. ". . . Quackity made a deal with, um, the leader of Schlatt2020, uh, Mr. Jschlatt stood behind me." Will turned motioning to Schlatt, who smirked at him. Will turned to look at Tommy. "Quackity said that, no matter what happens, Qackity would pool SWAG2020 votes on with Schlatt2020 votes." Tommy began shaking his head; a gasp was heard.

Rory was on the edge of his seat, eyes widening as he did the math.

"POG2020 got 45% of the popular vote, meaning that the coalition government of Schaltt and SWAG2020 got 46% of the vote!"

Shouts filled the call, a mixture of NO and YES. Rory was frozen, staring at his screen. He didn't know whether to laugh from disbelief or pull an assassination attempt. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Tubbo drop something on the ground. Rory picked it up in his inventory and saw that it was an invisibility potion. He turned to Tubbo, frowning.

Tubbo_ whispers to you: it was mine
Tubbo_ whispers to you: if you try anything, you'll need a way out
You whisper to Tubbo_: thank you. stay safe.

Will came to stand beside Rory, stepping off the podium. Tommy followed soon after, muttering under his breath — pleading for this to be a nightmare, Rory assumed. He took a step toward Tubbo so Tommy could stand beside Will. Instinctivly, he put a hand on Tommy's shoulder to offer comfort; Rory tried to catch Will's attention, but his brother's eyes were drawn to the podium, where Schlatt, Quackity, and George stood. Rory's heart sank as he realized that his brother had actually lost L'Manburg.

"Well," Schlatt said simply. "That was pretty easy." He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the podium as he looked down at the crowd. "And you know what I said the day I got unbanned from the Dream SMP and the day I said I was running? An election that I won, by the way. . . . I said things are gonna change. I looked every citizen of L'Manburg in the eyes and I said you listen to me . . . this place will be a lot different tomorrow." Beside Rory, Tommy began to hyperventilate.

"Tom— Tommy," Rory said softly. "It's okay."

"Let's start making it happen," Sclatt continued.

"Wilbur? Are— are you sure—?" Tommy asked quietly, tugging on Will's sleeve. Will didn't answer, eyes still trained on the new president.

"My first decree as the president of L'Manburg . . . the EMPEROR of this great country . . . is to REVOKE the citizenship . . . of WILBUR SOOT and TOMMYINNIT."

Rory's hand dropped from Tommy's shoulder. His eyes went wide, skin paling as he processed Schlatt's words. By the time he was able to even speak, Tommy and Wilbur had taken off, drinking their invisibility potions and running for their lives. Rory and Tubbo stood beside each other, both of them silent as everyone in the stands — their friends, for Christ's sake! — ran after the two outlaws.