𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. HAMILTON: AN AMERICAN FAMILY

❝ VICES ❞

September 30th, 2020

RORY WOULD SAY, with complete and utter confidence, that Clay, known famously as Dream, was the most annoying son-of-a-bitch  someone could ever have the unfortunate pleasure of getting to know. He says this because, currently, Clay had failed to wake him up before it was well-past noon, meaning that more than half the day was gone, and they only had a certain amount of time until their very short week was over, so Rory wanted to spend as much time with Clay as possible.

Now he knows that Clay probably did this with the best intentions in mind; he knows about Rory's sleeping habits, and they'd had a very late night of dinner and a walk around the city as they gathered their favorite candies and sweets. They'd stumbled into Clay's house at one in the morning, laughing, and both had promptly fallen asleep. Rory had left himself on the couch and had woken up in the guest room, hours later, well rested and worried about the wasted day.

Clay probably let him sleep in because he was worried about how little sleep Rory had been getting back in the UK.

Or Clay had simply forgotten about him. Honestly, it could go either way with his Floridian friend.

Rory leaned against the doorframe to Clay's office, watching him as he worked. Clay stopped typing for a moment before pulling himself away from his desk and turning to face Rory in his chair; Rory crossed his arms, trying to look as intimidating as possible, which wasn't easy when he was still in his clothes from the day before.

"I've been forgotten about," Rory claimed dramatically, sitting on the couch at the back of the room. Clay laughed, still spinning in his chair so he could face Rory, who scowled at him. "You didn't wake me up," he accused.

Clay smiled. "I wanted to let you sleep in before tonight."

"What's tonight?" Rory asked, sitting up straighter.

Clay grinned. "My family's coming over for dinner," he revealed. "My mom's been super excited to meet you, Lily and Hunter have been talking nonstop about it, even my dad is excited to meet you," he explained. He chuckled. "Lily thinks you're fake because, and I quote, 'All your friends are online because you suck at social interaction,'" he mocked, voice going up a pitch.

Rory snorted, finally smiling. He was a little anxious about meeting the rest of the Hamilton family — Tommy would definitely lose his shit if he knew that was Clay's last name, Rory thought with a grin — but he trusted that Clay wouldn't put him into an uncomfortable situation, at least not without warning his family to be nice.

He stood up. "When's the last time you cleaned your house, Clayton?" he teased.

Clay faked a gag. "Ugh, never call me that again," he warned, turning around to save his work before joining Rory. "Come on, help me clean . . . please?" Rory nodded, following him out of the office. "Should we order pizza? Or should I cook?" Clay wondered out loud.

"Let me stop you there," Rory said, plucking Clay's phone off the kitchen counter and handing it to him. ". . . What kind of pizza place does your family usually order from?"