𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. FRIENDS

AUTHOR'S NOTE. no this isn't canon, but Bats was reading Vices out loud and I realized how much chemistry Sapnap and Rory have, so have this. IT'S. NOT. CANON. perhaps a Dream chapter in the future? (also Sapnap lives alone in this fic bye)

It's not the most ideal situation when your ex-boyfriend breaks into your apartment while you're in the middle of sleeping; it's even less ideal when you feel so unsafe that you feel the need to travel to another country to get the fuck away from him, and even worse when your best friend is unavailable to host you in said country.

So you go to Texas, because that's where your other best friend lives, and he's pretty cool, so you hop on a plane and land in Texas the next day, praying that you're far enough away from your abusive ex-boyfriend.

Nick gives good hugs is the first thing Rory notices. He buries his face into the crook of Nick's neck, letting go of his suitcase to wrap his arms around Nick like a koala. Nick hugs him back just as tightly, grinning from the moment he laid eyes on Rory.

"I can't believe you're here," Nick said brightly, grabbing Rory's bag and leading him out to the car. Rory fell into step with him, looking around the airport wearily. It was hot inside, the heater running full blast to keep out the cold outside, and Rory was starting to regret wearing his warmest sweater. "How was your flight?"

"Long," Rory commented. He smiled at Sapnap. "Thanks for letting me stay with you, I'm sorry it was all last minute."

Nick shook his head. "Don't worry about it, it's a shitty situation but I'm glad we get to hand out together," he said, They arrived at his car; Nick opened the trunk and placed Rory's bag inside before closing it. Rory got into the passenger's seat and Nick got into the driver's seat. "Are you hungry? We can drive through somewhere." He glanced at Rory as he buckled his seatbelt. "Or I can make something while you nap."

Rory chuckled. "How good of a cook are you?" he asked.

"Well, I don't undercook pasta, if that's what you're implying," Nick teased. Rory grinned, but declined the offers of food with the excuse of not being hungry, which made Nick frown. The Texan decided not to voice his concern over the matter, however, knowing Rory was an adult capable of making his own choices — Rory was older than him, actually.

They arrived at Nick's place about an hour later. It was a smaller apartment, one bedroom, one bathroom, but thankfully there were walls around both. The rest — a kitchen and living room — were open. Nick was thankful he lived on the first floor, because there were times he stayed out late and didn't want to come home only to have to climb stairs just to get to his place.