𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. FAMILY

❝ VICES ❞

December 4th, 2020

PHIL

This isn't exactly how Phil planned on meeting Techno.

They had talked about it before, a few days before Phil was set to meet Tommy and Will. Techno complained about not being able to go, and Phil knew him well enough to catch the actual emotion in his voice. He assured Techno that as soon as they could all meet up, Phil would drop everything to go. He'd glad to hear that Techno feels a bit better about that.

He thought they'd meet at a convention, if he's being honest. He's thought about them all traveling down together — him, Kristin, Tommy, Will, Rory, maybe Tubbo, Niki, and Fundy if they could make it — to California for a convention, convincing Techno to meet them there. He's imagined getting to hang out with his closest friends in one place, of meeting fans and taking group selfies all day. He's thought of getting to talk to Techno in person too many times to count.

But he always thought it would take longer to happen, that they wouldn't get to meet each other so soon.

That changes when he hears from Will that Techno is in Brighton. Phil gets a phone call at two in the morning on December 3rd, and it's Will.

Phil is the first person he calls when he gets arrested, and Phil is pissed off to hear it's because he's gotten himself into a fight. He scolds Will for being so careless, begrudgingly congratulates him when he hears that Will practically dragged Rory's abusive ex-boyfriend through the gutter. He grins when Will says, "Well, Phil, you should see the other guy!" but has to stop himself from laughing.

He and Kristin plan to meet up with everyone the next day, after Will's gotten out of jail and had time to himself. He's excited to hang out with everyone again, even more happy that Kristin is coming along this time, and elated to know that he's finally going to meet Techno in person. He goes to bed content that night, and also tired, since he's been worried about Will all day.

He and Kristin aren't the first to the bridge. They spot Tommy and Tubbo looking over Tommy's phone as Tommy scrolls through different memes, both teenagers clearly tired from the early time they had to get up for this meet up, and Tommy even more so since he had to wake up extra early to get to the city. They both excitedly shout when they see Phil and Kristin and get a few weird looks, but Phil doesn't care at the moment, too happy to see the boys.

Will and Niki show up next, and Phil winces when he sees how terrible Will looks, but the singer is all smiles and jokes. He passes off the fight as him defending Niki from a drunk bastard, and Niki backs him up for the boys' sake, because everyone knows that Tommy and Tubbo will be pissed if they find out that Henry had shown up after they'd left.

The six of them patiently wait for the final two further down the bridge than they'd started, finding a table to sit at so half of them aren't sitting on the ground. Tommy's head falls against Tubbo's shoulder as he takes a power nap; Will plays with Niki's hair as she and Kristin talk; Phil and Will talk about future video ideas, as well as new Dream SMP plot lines they could explore; Will mentions someone named Sorin, but Phil doesn't catch it as he glances around for any sign of Rory and Techno, but he figures they most be sleeping in.