Ch34 - Breaking Out of the Shell

The next lesson was carving practice. Rong Mingshi was still thinking about the peacock carving and didn't look up. His thick paws pulled at the image of the peacock, zooming in on the delicate feathers.

The noise around him didn't enter his ears at all. There were some vague calls of 'Classmate Rong' in the middle but Rong Mingshi didn't notice them at all. It wasn't until the noise stopped and burning gazes fell on him that Rong Mingshi's ears moved. He raised his head with surprise and found that the eyes of the entire class were on him.

Rong Mingshi silently turned off the interface of the peacock and sat upright like everyone else.

"..."

"..."

"..."

The students looked at the serious leopard in silence. The top four students in the class were arguing about how to allocate a medium-grade energy stone while the little leopard seemed completely unconcerned.

The student, who repeatedly questioned Rong Mingshi during the previous test, got the opportunity to sit in the third seat of the first row because Rong Mingshi didn't choose the first row. At this time, he was saying, "You also saw it. Classmate Rong doesn't care. Since it is my turn to choose, I will naturally choose the best. Classmate Rong chose the current seat, which is a priority that he gave up."

"..."

The little leopard stared blankly at his indignant classmates.

The person sitting in the front row of the first row, who received second place in the assessment after Rong Mingshi surpassed him by more than a dozen points, said, "Kaman, we can't carve a medium-grade energy stone now. This piece is probably only suitable for Classmate Rong."

Medium-grade energy stone...

Rong Mingshi looked at the energy stone display interface in front of the classroom. Sure enough, there was a 3D image of a rotating medium-grade energy stone. Yellow was the main colour with a bit of green. According to a general carver's choice, it should be considered a good medium-grade energy stone.

In general, only low-grade energy stones were provided to the apprentice and trainee classes. This was determined according to the student's perception control and carving skills. It was only when they were promoted to the beginner class that they could be provided with a limited number of medium-grade energy stones. Of course, this was selected by the students themselves after they were ranked according to score.

This time, a good medium-grade energy stone suddenly appeared in the trainee carver's Class 3. Many people thought this was the teacher's extra preparation. Previously, Professor Phillier stated that he wanted to have a deeper understanding of Student Rong's carving.

The carving practice class was different from the examination and the entire process was open. The purpose was to let the students learn from each other and compete with each other. In other words, the professor and every student could see other people's carving process.

The clever students naturally guessed the professor's intentions. They couldn't wait to watch Classmate Rong carving. Thus, the first two students sitting in the first row directly skipped the medium-grade energy stone and chose from the other low-grade energy stones. They didn't expect Classmate Kaman to choose this one.

After listening to the second place student, Kaman smirked. "How do you know that I can't carve a medium-grade energy stone? In any case, I have chosen the stone and it is completely in line with the rules of the classroom. It doesn't violate any regulations. Since Classmate Rong doesn't care about the seating, he naturally doesn't care about the type of energy stone he uses."