Ch60 - Picked Clean

Aojia indifferently gazed at Duke Oran's dark face and the corners of his mouth slightly curved. "We came here to pick up Ms Bowei."

"If the marshal has this plan then you should think about it! Bowei might be dead for 20 years but she was still my wife! The matter of how to deal with her body can't be intervened in by outsiders!" Duke Oran's voice was cold.

Aojia quietly held the little leopard's clenched fist."Duke Oran, we aren't coming to discuss this with you today. We are determined. In addition, spit out the legacy of Ms Bowei that you have embezzled."

The moment Aojia said this, another file was presented on the interface in front of Duke Oran. It was the file Ruhr had extracted from the depths of the housekeeper's database.

This document was a will signed by Ms Bowei before her death. The carving business was Ms Bowei's pre-marital property. After Ms Bowei's death, this would all be inherited by her son and it was confirmed by the genetic code.

Duke Oran started at the interface with twitching eyes. His face was dark because he never knew there was such a will! If he had known it earlier then he would've directly thrown the cub to the edge of the starfield to kill him!

Duke Oran stated, "The business has been expanded by me for 20 years. I don't know where you go it and don't know where you found that little cub. However, you want to take away ownership of the business? The marshal is too innocent!"

Aojia replied, "It seems that the duke wants to let the beastmen of the entire empire know that Duke Oran, who enjoys a noble title of the empire, actually wants to seize assets that aren't his own. He didn't bury his deceased wife for 20 years to extract her genetic code, abandoned the cub born to him by his deceased wife, abandoned the legal heir to the title and even replaced him with an illegitimate daughter."

Aojia stared coldly at the opposite Duke Oran. "In the face of conclusive evidence of such a despicable act, do you think you can keep your reputation, title, privilege and current position?"

Duke Oran gritted his teeth, blood filling his throat. These allegations, no matter which one was published, would bring immeasurable impact to his reputation and title, threatening the most important thing he had to do now.

Once the empire's eyes were focused on him, the Beast Nucleus Institute he just established might be exposed. After all, he did human experiments and many experimental bodies had died. The cover was fine but it wouldn't be able to withstand the eyes of the entire empire falling on him. In a situation where the beast nucleus obtained from the cub could allow him to succeed with his experiments, Duke Oran naturally couldn't make any mistakes.

He hated the fact that he hadn't previously killed the cub, so that something like this would happen now. However, he still needed the beast nucleus from the living cub. The two thoughts tangled together in his head and he wanted to cough up blood!

A long time passed before Duke Oran spoke in a gloomy matter, "I can give you Bowei's legacy but you must be clear that the carvers recruited to the Oran Carving Business for the past 20 years are signed to me. The private agreements and the expanded business in the past 20 years is in my name and has nothing to do with Bowei's legacy!"

Aojia heard Duke Oran saying this and sneered. "The duke is really good at calculations. If it hadn't been for Ms Bowei's assets, could the Oran Carving Business develop to the present size?"

Duke Oran snorted. "If the marshal has to do this, do you want me to destroy Bowei's body now?"

"Then I'm asking you to send over Mr Bowei's intact body! The divestiture of Ms Bowei's assets are clear and we don't want anything that doesn't belong to Ms Bowei's estate!"