Chapter 6.2

Author Note:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the Legend of the Firewalker on Wattpad! Thank you so much for your support and for voting! 

More information is available at www.legendofthefirewalker.com or through Facebook at facebook.com/stevebevilwriting.

————————————-

Chapter 6.2

Later, after his shower, Nathan spotted Lafonda downstairs, sitting at one of the elongated tables alongside the large cafeteria windows. She was seated with some of the other counselors she had become acquainted with since arriving at camp. Oddly enough, besides Jonathan Black, they were all students at IUCF. Also odd was the fact that Jonathan wasn't at the table this morning.

Jonas and the other campers assigned to Nathan's floor had already gotten in line for breakfast and now were dispersing amongst the tables of other campers staying on other floors.

"Nathan!" groaned Lafonda, as he approached the table.

He wasn't the slightest bit surprised by her expression. It was quite obvious to him what was next, as he stared at the sea of orange shirts at the table.

"Where is your camp shirt?" she asked, trying to stifle the demanding tone in her voice. "You know that my grandmother will be upset with you if you're not wearing your shirt again."

"I know, I know," he answered, rolling his eyes. "I plan to put it on after breakfast."

She glowered at him. "Whatever, Nathan," she said. "Seems like a waste of time to me to have to go upstairs after breakfast to change shirts.

Nathan shook his head and moved towards the breakfast line. He loathed wearing the bright orange camp leadership shirt and detested even more that his name was written on it. "Why can't I just wear my IUCF shirt?" he said to himself. "They were already on the Illinois University campus and almost everyone there was from the school or from the area."

He walked back with his tray of food and sat down on the opposite end of the cafeteria table on purpose. He glanced over at Lafonda and was surprised that they hadn't killed each other yet. Nathan returned his gaze to his food and shook his head. He couldn't understand what Lafonda's grandmother was thinking when she assigned them to the same group of campers.

"Good morning, Nathan," said a chipper voice. "How are you this morning?"

He looked up from his plate of pancakes to find a blue-eyed girl with carefully groomed locks of long blond hair staring at him. Everything about her seemed perfect. Not a single wrinkle in her clothing; not a single strand of hair out of place. Nathan was shocked to see how well the bright orange leadership shirt looked on her. With her long, beautiful eyelashes and rosy complexion, he concluded that she probably made just about anything she wore look good. 

"Are you enjoying your pancakes?" she asked.

"They're pancakes," he responded, while taking a couple gulps of orange juice.

"I doubt it if he even remembers your name," commented the blond-haired guy with the same color eyes standing next to her.

"I'm Angela," she announced cheerfully. "Angela Greystone."

Nathan took a bite of his pancakes. "No, I remember," he stuttered, while covering his mouth. 

"Yeah, right," contributed Lafonda from across the table.

Angela smiled. "We met earlier this week," she continued. "And this here is Alan Donovan."

"Right," Nathan responded with a nod. He paused and stared at the two of them before continuing. He couldn't get over how they looked like the female and male versions of each other. "Are you guys twins, or something?"