Chapter 9:

Colby gazes her cow eyes at me, and I try not to melt into a puddle on her bedroom floor. I caress the side of her face, our bodies no longer moving to the music. She picks her head up and moves her arms so they are around my neck. I lean down so our noses brush before pulling her into a small kiss.

I peck her lips, wanting her to have the opportunity to push me away. She's slightly hesitant, but when she doesn't move away, my lips are flush against hers. I hold the sides of her face delicately, her lips more perfect than I thought they would be.

My mind is on overdrive as I feel myself getting addicted to this feeling. Colby gasps, my tongue slipping between her lips. Gently, I feel our tongues touch. I hold Colby tight in my arms, her hands still wrapped loosely around my neck.

We pull away, our chests heaving with the lack of oxygen. The two of us smile at one another as we continue to hold each other close.

"Did I do okay?"

"Are you really asking that question? You don't have to please me."

"But I still want to know."

Colby tilts her head at me, biting her bottom lip in anticipation.

"You did so good, baby. That was the best kiss ever."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Let's do it again."

I chuckle slightly before kissing her again. A faster song comes on, making Colby break away from me to dance around her room again. She tugs at my hands to join her, and I reluctantly dance with her. I spin her around before tugging her back into my arms. Her giggles are soft, but I can hear them over the music.

Breathless and completely dancedout, Colby and I lay on our backs on my bed, taking gulps of air. I turn to Colby, her perfect lips parted slightly.

"Would you want to go out with me tonight?"

"Where?"

"To my friend's house. I want them to meet you."

"Why?"

"One, because you mean a lot to me. Two, you are going to school, if you want. I want you to be comfortable around them in case they are the only ones around you."

"You wouldn't be there?"

"Well, in case I have to go to the bathroom or something. They would be the ones to take care of you while I'm gone. Anyway, we can talk about the school thing later. You don't have to decide now."

"It's my choice whether or not I want to go?"

"Of course, baby. I'm not about to torture you. Do you want to meet my friends?"

"Yes! Are they as nice as you?"

"Sometimes they're nicer. You'll love them, and I bet they'll love you."

In more ways than just friendship, I hope. Though, I'm not about to put that pressure on either Colby or my friends. I would gladly and happily be in a relationship with Colby whether or not all my friends or just a couple are in it too. If Colby isn't into that kind of relationship either, that's not a big deal. I'm not going to force her, and I'll be with her.