Chapter 23:

Eli Clemens' P.O.V.

I watch as Colby, looking incredibly gorgeous, gets into the passenger seat of my car with her breakfast, an orange binder with notebook paper, and two pencils. Colby slowly eats her food, her leg shaking in nervousness and apprehension of starting public school.

I place a hand on her thigh, giving her a supportive smile before pulling into a parking spot. There's not many cars in the lot but enough for Colby to become increasingly anxious.

"You're going to do great, and you aren't doing it alone."

"I know, but I'm a bit nervous."

"And that's okay. Just know that I'm supporting you every step of the way."

"Thank you, Eli."

I place a loving kiss against her forehead. I watch as Alex comes sprinting towards the car, a bright smile on his face. He's way too excited for seven forty five in the morning. Way, way, way too excited.

He yanks open the passenger door, lifting Colby into his arms, making her drop her school supplies on the ground. Colby, however, doesn't seem to care one bit. Alex and her hug one another tight before he sets her back down on the ground.

Yesterday, while Colby was asleep at the movie incident, the guys and I met up to talk about pursuing a relationship. Daxton said that he already confessed that we all like her. We aren't exactly sure whether or not it was a good step. Colby doesn't seem to mind, she is not at all closed off after finding out the information. I don't even know if she's thought about it. I can't even believe what I did in the bathroom this morning. I totally enjoyed doing it, but I had no idea that it would be so soon. Or I would enjoy it as much as I did.

But that's beside the point.

We've all decided on pursuing this relationship with her. As a group of five, we want her. And we are going to get her. She's kissed me twice, let me wrap my hand around her throat and scold her, and she trusts me with taking care of her. I'm pretty sure that the two of us are on the same page.

Daxton is maybe on the same page. I don't know about everyone else, but we are all going to have to sit down and talk. Maybe at lunch today. We can hang out near the football field, on the bleachers, and quietly discuss what we all think about it. Including Colby of course. She has to be in the loop of what the five of us are thinking.

It would be dumb to have Colby not know what we want to have to with her. And that's a goddamn relationship.

"Eli, you coming bro?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"Staring off at our girl, huh?"

"Course, Dax. Always."

"She's calling for us. Let's go man."

I climb out of the driver's seat of my car, my feeting hitting the concrete parking lot. Daxton and I chat as we watch Keegan being overprotective. His hand is planted firmly on the small of Colby's back. He glares, we all do, as the guys that pass by watch Colby walk in her cute little dress. Alex and Michael are in front of Colby and Keegan, talking excitedly about her being at school. Daxton and I in the back, watching people's reactions to her. And Keegan, standing right next to her and pressing his body against hers.