Chapter 22:

"Then what happened?"

"You fell asleep. We were watching the movie. You hated it so much you fell asleep."

"Baby...I didn't hate your pick of the movie. Can I explain?"

I nod, but it doesn't suffice with Eli. His hand squeezes my hip in a small punishment. That's going to leave a bruise.

"Words."

"Yes, you can explain."

"The guys and I were up late playing video games. Michael has this big game room, with a giant tv, and a ton of controllers. We lost our sense of time and got to bed at like three in the morning. You got up around eight, but we were having a tough time sleeping."

"So you were just tired? You aren't lying to me?"

"I'm not about to lie to you, baby. I don't want or need to lie to you, and what I'm telling you is the full truth. I just stayed up way too late."

Eli's lips brush against mine in the softest form. I wrap my arms loosely around his neck, lifting onto my tip toes to pull him closer to me. Our lips soon part, his tongue gently on mine as he lifts me onto the bathroom counter. He hands move from my waist to the sides of my face, holding my lips against his for as long as possible.

A knock, most definitely from Bethanne, startles us out of our lovey dovey session. Eli smiles at me -- genuine this time -- and backs away. I tug his towel forward, wanting another kiss, before I jump off the counter and scurry out the door. I hear a sexy chuckle as Bethanne throws a white dress with blue flowers and a short, white cardigan.

"You don't have much time if you want to eat breakfast. Here's some shoes."

She points to all white sneakers without laces I have to tie before turning back to me.

"Those should work with your outfit just fine. Please make a list or get a list of any supplies you might need. Eli or someone else can take you to the store to get them. Do you need anything from me before I head to work?"

"Nope. Thank you for all of this."

"Of course. It's a practice run for my other daughters in high school someday. I'm glad you're around, Colby. Now, get to school. I'll see you and Eli later."

Bethanne gives me a swift kiss of the cheek before calling out a goodbye to Eli. I change into the clothes, white lace underwear underneath. Once I've finished changing, I brush out my hair before tying it into a braid, and put on some perfume and deodorant. I make my way downstairs to see Eli putting a piece of toast, water in a water bottle, and some fruit on the counter.

"Hey, baby. You've got to eat on the way. I want to be a little early, so the guys and I can show you around."