Chapter 16:

I chuckle, watching as Alex tries to focus on something else. Though I can completely understand his situation. I've been living with the innocent vixen for the last week. I have never been in more hell and heaven than ever before. Every little thing Colby does makes me want to fall in love with her even more, and it's been complicated.

Colby doesn't know quite what she's doing, but it's not helping any of us. Even Michael, more closed off from the rest of us, can't look away. Not that you would want to. She just looks so perfectly beautiful, and not only on the outside. Alex has to reach over Colby's plate for butter but accidentally knocks her drink over.

"Baby! I'm so sorry!"

"No, no. It's okay, Alex. I'll just have to take a quick shower, maybe get other clothes on."

"Fucking hell. I really am sorry."

I glance up at Daxton who's practically fuming at Alex. The two of them need to separate...now. I don't want Colby seeing any violence, besides playful, between the four of us. She needs stability and calmness. Situations need to be handled delicately around her.

I pull my hands away from Colby's waist and place her on her feet.

"Dax, why don't you take Colby to get cleaned up?"

Alex butts in saying that he desperately wants to, but Keegan shakes his head at him. Keegan and I, we understand each other more so than others. The two of us can quickly comprehend why we did something the way we did it, and usually, we can support each other. Like in this situation. Keegan knows I'm trying to get Colby cleaned and to separate Daxton from Alex. Hence, him backing me up on Alex staying put.

Daxton takes Colby's hand, wrapping the other around her waist, so she's pressed up against him. They giggle at something, both taking their mind of Alex who cannot seem to keep himself out of trouble. Once the two of them disappear upstairs, Michael tries not to scream in Alex's face as he asks what's wrong.

"What's going on with you?"

"I'm nervous around her, man. I have no idea how to function. That's what happened last night too. I just don't want to mess this shit up. I did last time."

"What happened wasn't your fault. It was new for all of us, and Lila wasn't all into it. Lila isn't Colby. That's been clear from the second we met her. I don't think you're going to ruin anything if you stop behaving like a fucking douchebag. You're usually a pretty nice guy. I don't know where the fuck he's gone."

"I don't mean to be douchebag-ish. I'm just freaking out inside. She's fucking gorgeous, sweet, warm, and sexy as fuck. Who wouldn't be nervous?"

Keegan tilts his head, registering what Michael and Alex are talking about. I nod my head as I begin to speak.

"Okay, Alex you need to apologize to her. Don't make her feel bad, nicely apologize. Tonight, we meet at the gym. We need to have a nice long conversation on what we think we should do."

"Why the gym?"

"In case anyone needs to punch something, there's a punching bag. You never know...can't be too careful."

"Smart move, Eli."

"Thank you, Kee. Are we in agreement?"

"Yep. That makes sense. I'll let Daxton know about the plan."

"Great. Oh, Alex? How's Silas doing at his boarding school of whatever?"

"He hates it but isn't going to come back. Once he graduates, he'll go to college in Phoenix."

"No visiting?"

"Not for a while. Their Christmas break is about five months away. Same as ours, so I'll see him then."