Chapter 15:

When I wake, I'm confused and disoriented. I sit up slowly, leaning against my elbows that dig into the soft mattress of the queen size bed. Navy blue walls with accents of white throughout the room make me wonder what room I could possibly be staying in. I know it's not Eli's, his being a brownish almost cinnamon colored room. My curiosity heightens as I look around the room, to see what looks like gaming technology.

Eli definitely isn't a gamer. I wonder who is and why I'm in the bedroom, sleeping in their bed.

I hear a quiet knock on the door, me not answering, before Keegan pokes his head in the door. A bright smile spreads across his face as he sees me sitting there, probably looking like a total mess. I bite my lip innocently, and Keegan gives me a darkened look. His already dark, almost black eyes, darken even more. With lust. His heated look makes butterflies flutter around in my stomach.

"Good morning, baby."

"Mornin' Keegan. Where am I?"

"We all stayed over at Michael's. We're all going to school tomorrow, so we thought we could get to know you better."

"There isn't much to know."

Keegan scoffs, jumping playfully into the space on the bed next to me. He runs his hair through his short, black hair. His thigh, covered by blue basketball shorts, brushes against my leg, not covered with anything. When I fully realize what I'm wearing, a deep red blush coats my face.

"Who changed me?"

"Eli did. He figured you wouldn't be comfortable enough with the rest of us yet."

And he was right. I'm not exactly as comfortable with the other four boys. I know I will be, knowing that I'm going to spend a lot of time in and out of school with them. It's just that I only met them a short time ago. Even though I have DPD, Richard is helping me understand that I don't have to be comfortable around everyone. I don't have to please anyone either.

I have to admit, I quite like it.

Alex comes bursting in the room, already singing Let It Go from Frozen. Keegan groans sarcastically, burying his head under a gray sheeted pillow. I giggle and join in with Alex's antics. Soon enough, the rest of the boys have walked into the room, trying to get Alex and I to be quiet. Their discomfort at our horrible singing only makes me giggle more, singing even louder.

Eli Clemens' P.O.V.

As we all watch Colby giggle, our hearts open to the prospect of protecting her for the rest of our lives. Of knowing her, being with her for the rest of our lives. I close my eyes briefly, wanting to remember this moment for years to come. I feel a slight tug at my wrist and open my eyes to see the beautiful Colby standing there.

Her perfectly creamy legs are on full display in the black t-shirt that I had just worn the day before. Even with her shorter torso and skinny frame, she looks incredible. Colby's hand slides in mine, her fingers intertwining perfectly with mine. Her other hand latched with Daxton's. With a jolt of her body forward, all of us make our way to the kitchen.

Michael's parents aren't around all the time, their work in the ER keeping them busy and away from the house. Though, Michael isn't influenced by it much, knowing that their work is important and he has us. The five of us plus Colby, so six of us, are already going to be a great family. Whether or not she decides she wants to be with us, we won't be spreading away from one another anytime soon.

Keegan, being the most fatherly figure of us, pulls out pancake mix and chocolate chips. He teaches Colby his secret recipe, but she doesn't seem to be paying attention to his voice. Her eyes are flicking over his lips, but words don't register in her ears. Michael and I wink at each other, understanding exactly what's happening right now.

Alex, from the right side of me, watches Colby intensely. He bites his bottom lip as he stares at her pink puckered ones. He subtly groans as a whimper flows out of Colby's mouth because of maple syrup coating her fingertips. Alex's tongue darts out, his mouth agape, watching her suck gently on her fingers to get rid of the stickiness. From Daxton, Alex earns a slap on the back of his head, snapping him out of his lust filled daze.