Chapter 16: I Hope You'll Forgive Me

Everybody slowly left the living room and went to sleep shortly after that.

That night...

A long lasting silence was interrupted by the footsteps which were getting louder and louder. Those were the footsteps of Raphael who was slowly heading towards the living room. It was dark but the place was hardly lit by the only light bulb left. He was making sure he was silent so others wouldn't wake up. He sat on the couch and spotted the photo album which was left near him. He picked it up and flipped to the first page. He was looking at the old pictures with a slight but sad smile as his eyes were getting shinier and shinier the more he flipped. Many pictures have brought him back to the past and he was remembering all the memories of him and his family. He teared up. He didn't know that his older brother snuck out of the lab and was now standing on the entrance of the room. It was Leonardo. He didn't make any noise just because he didn't wanna be noticed by his brother...Well, let's say Raph didn't pay attention to him anyways. The hot-headed brother was wiping his tears quickly knowing that Leo forgot all of the good moments just because of a stupid accident. The leader sighed quietly as he silently approached  his brother who was crying and sobbing softly to himself. He approached behind the couch where Raph didn't notice him. Even if he didn't remember Raph, he could see that he was sad because of him. The album was the only proof that Raphael isn't a bad guy and that he still has that kindness deep down inside of him. It was hard for Leo to admit it. He gently put his hand on Raph's shoulder, careful enough not to scare him. Raphael flinched as he quickly wiped his tears - "O-Oh you're awake. What do you want?"
"Don't pretend, I already saw you." - Leo gently said.
Raph's fists are now clenched - "Good for you. It's always enjoyable to watch your enemy cry isn't it?"
"Actually, no...it's not." - He came from behind the couch and was now sitting next to his younger brother.
"Oh really?" - Raph avoided eye contact - "And why not?"
"I feel bad for you...heh, such a shame." - Leo rubs the back of his head as he explained, which got Raphael confused.
"Bad?"
"Yeah, actually...ugh I don't know what to think of you anymore."
A brief moment of silence ruled the air. The atmosphere has gotten pretty intense, so Leo wished Raph could see that he was trying to ease the situation. The silence was broken by Raph's dark uttering - "Think what you want. I don't care."