Chapter 17: I'm Sorry, Brother...

Leonardo answered to his dark speech in a simple tone - "Really? Because I saw you crying over our picture just a minute ago."
Raph stiffened - "Okay, maybe a little..."
Leo raised an eyebrow.
"Ok, ok, a lot! Are you happy now?"
"Very...'cause-..."
"'Cuz you're my brother...and being hated and forgotten by the only older brother isn't such a great feeling..." - Raph vented, doubting that Leo would understand. After all, he was the reason he's been locked up in his room for a long time.
The blue-masked turtle lowered his head a bit as his tone softened - "I know and...well..."
Raph sighed and looked down afterwards.
"I want to apologize..." - Leo finally cut to the point, frowning a bit, showing his sadness unintentionally.
Raphael glanced at Leonardo, slightly surprised by his words - "W-What?"
"I've just been a bump in the road...but I saw how you acted and I was thinking about it...I...I-I'm sorry..." - A sad frown from his lips has never removed. It never faded. But he was asking for his brother's forgiveness with all he's got, doubting it'd even be accepted. But he kept hope that maybe Raph wanted this, so he sat in silence, giving his brother time to think and space to speak.
However, Raphael's eyes were slightly widen as he wasn't expecting Leo to come to his senses that fast - "Wow, I don't know what to-" - He let out a sigh - "It's okay Leo, you don't have to be sorry..." - He hesitated at first, but he placed his hand on Leo's shoulder. Leo looked back at him as he felt all the guilt and sadness wash over him at a sudden moment - "But I am! Really sorry..." - His eyes were slowly getting shiny.
Raph smiled slightly - "I said it's okay, bro.."
"If you say so..." - The older brother looked at Raphael sadly as he deeply sighs.
His brother pats his shell - "Come on Fearless, lemme make ya smile, wanna see?" - He points at the photo album.
Leo nodded after a moment as he sat closer to Raphael, so his eyes capture the pictures better.
The hot-head turned a page as he pointed at a picture - "Look! This is when Mikey pranked me by putting a lot of..." - He shivers at the thought - "Cockroaches inside of my pillow. You were trying to get me out of the shock."
Leo smiled a bit at the silly thought, but that smile quickly faded as he recalled that no similar memory crossed his mind. So he decided to say so to Raph - "I don't...remember."
Raphael frowned a bit at that, but then - "Wait." - He got up and went towards his room as he, after some moments, came back with something that Leo has never seen before...