Chapter 23: This is All My Fault

The turtles reached the lair. Raph was being extremely worried and angry at himself. It was not his intention to bring this pain to his brother, especially when he doesn't remember him. He secretly hated himself thinking he has lost his brother's trust again and that Leo will hate him more. "Good job, Raph. Good job." - He thought to himself.

With that, he helped Leo get to the laboratory as he placed him on the bed. "Okay okay, I'll go get Donnie. You stay where you are, ok?"

Leo nodded as Raph quickly went to Donatello's room, getting in quietly so the others wouldn't wake up. He shook his brother gently, in a successful attempt to wake him up. "Donnie. Donnie get up!"
"Ugh...what?" - The brainiac mumbled half asleep.
"Leo and I went out and some delinquents shot Leo's shoulder."
Don sits up - "Wait what?"
"You understood. Now come!" - He exited from his room, heading towards the lab where Leo was.

Donnie rubbed his eyes as he was just waking up, processing his surroundings. Going towards the lab, he expected to see Leo there. He gets interrupted when he saw that Leo already took Raphael's mask off of his bloody shoulder. There could be seen a lot of blood dripping out from the fresh wound.

"Holy chalupa!" - Donnie spoke concerned - "Leo, what happened?"
Raphael's expression meanwhile turned into a frown - "I-It's all my fault...I made him go outside with me...We found some delinquents and...ugh, I should've known they had weapons!"

"No! Stop saying that okay? You did more than that! You protected me and- wait a minute..." - Leonardo spoke as if some realization suddenly hit his head - "You p-protected me..."
Raph looked at Leo - "I tried. But I failed."
"No Raph, you didn't."
"Whatever...Donnie, just, help him."
"I will, don't worry." - He got his first aid kit as he started to clean up the blood around the wound. That was an easy part. Then, he started to work on getting the bullet out and stitching up the wound. It took some time but Donatello managed to do it. Raphael was there, waiting for him to finish. Some time later, it was done.

"Ok, done! Did it hurt?" - He asked.
"A little..." - Leonardo admitted.
"I'm sorry if I hurt you. Now just take care of it and it should be able to heal right away!" - Leo smiled.
"Thanks, Don."
"No problem." - His yawn was soon heard - "I'll go to bed now, it's pretty late. Night guys."
Both turtles wished him a good night as Donnie proceeded to leave his lab after he successfully helped Leo's wound. They sat in silence for a moment, as the last sound heard was the clanking of the laboratory door.