Chapter 24: Memories Stay Remembered

"I'm sorry, Leo..." - Raphael apologized to his older brother with a frown - "I didn't mean to do this to you...it's all my fault."
"No, it's not...stop saying it!" - The brother refused - "You-..." - His eyes widen at the sudden hit of overwhelming emotions. He had no idea how it happened or what hit him, but the biggest realization just came in his mind.

Raphael never wanted to hurt him, all he did was stay by his side when needed. If he were a bad one, he'd let him die out there. But he didn't.

In concern, Raph called - "Leo?"
"Y-You-..." - The leader said with a confused tone, watching his surroundings. It was all becoming very clear now; all the memories, all the tries, all the scenes, predictions, fears...It was all coming back to him and it all made perfect sense. He realized it just now.

"Leo, you okay?!"
Leo tears up - "Raph..?"
"Yeah??" - The hothead was confused at this point as well.

Leo teared up from happiness; he can't believe what he's about to say. His heart was filled with joy and his mind was finally freed from the insanity he was facing. His mind wasn't confused anymore and all the pieces were making perfect sense. Leonardo spoke with a happy tone, but a soft one as he looked at his younger brother with teary, but happy eyes.

"...I remember you."

Raphael's eyes instantly widen; his heart immediately filling with emotion. He didn't know what to think. All of that happened too suddenly and he couldn't process all of it at once. His eyes started filling up with tears of joy as he spoke with a surprised look - "R-Really?! Y-You-..." - He didn't finish his sentence. So much excitement, shock and joy just ran through his system. Leo nodded to give him a sign of an approval.

They both let tears of joy fall down their faces as they hugged each other gently, Raph caring about Leo's wound. The hothead sobbed happily, not afraid to show that side of him to his brother anymore. Leo was relieved that he can finally get things back to normal how they used to be.

"Raph...I love you, bro." - His voice was soft yet quite meaningful.
"I love you too, Leo..." - He answered still sobbing softly.
That was one of the hugs where everything that is happening around you gets forgotten for a minute, as you enjoy the atmosphere. That's how the two brothers felt at this moment. After a while they moved away from the hug gently. Leo smiled at Raph warmly as he wiped his tears.

"I will go now, it's pretty late after all...goodnight, brother." - Raphael greeted with a sincere smile.
"Goodnight Raph..." - He recieved a greeting back as he headed towards his room. He laid on his bed still thinking about what happened to Leo. He felt such guilt at first and then suddenly it faded away as he felt so much joy at a certain moment. He was so relieved and it felt like it was the best moment ever.

Short moments after, Leo quietly opened the doors of Raph's room, closing it behind him silently. Approaching Raph slowly, Leo shakes him slightly to wake him up. Raphael woke up due to the light sleep he was having. Leonardo called - "Raph, wake up."
"Hm...?" - His eyes slowly open only to see Leo shaking him - Hey Leo...you okay?"
"Yeah, I am, but um...I can't sleep right now."
Raph smiled a bit as he moved in his bed, making some space for Leo to lay down next to him. Leo gladly joined after a moment of silence. As he slid in under the covers, he heard another wish for a good night of his younger brother, as he wished back the same thing. His eyes slowly start to close, as he then, with a smile, whispered:

"And thank you..."