chapter 2

[previously] 

 Finally getting back to our dorms, I turned my phone to check the time. it was currently ten thirty pm. I ask Marcus what he wanted to do for the night while I pushed my glasses back up that were slowly starting to slide down. Marcus gave the most manic smile. " I thought you'd never ask." uh no. 

[Currently]

"Hell no!" I fumed, Marcus was currently trying to pull me off my bed. 

"come on pleasee" Marcus begged, "when are we ever going to have another perfect opportunity like this?" He reasoned with me. 

 He's right. wow, I never thought I would ever reach my lowest point that I'd be agreeing this moron. College is going to start sooner then later; I would like to enjoy myself before then. Maybe this will help me loosen up and relieve me from these jitters.

 "Fine, fine" I finally gave in, " I'm not saying you're right or anything. But, we're only going to be 18 once and I would like to try new things." Marcus's lips were slowly pulled into a grin, causing his lip ring to move ever so slightly. 

That was all Marcus needed to hear to get him back into his bubbly personality. Him completely letting go of me, Marcus moved his way to his dresser. He pulled out two shirts out of the top drawer. Tossing one on his bed and strutting back over to me with a rapid pace to dangle the other in front of my face.

 "well that settle's it. I'm going to take you to the night club" he said with his lips never leaving a smile, " wow this will be your first time drinking, my sons growing up too fast." he teased pretending to fake cry. 

Here he goes again with his lame jokes.

"Wait so now I'm your son, what happen to being your wife?" I joked back. 

" yeah yeah, tomato tomata" he said scrunching his nose like he smelt something sour, " now go change out of that sweater so we can go."  he insisted; he moved his hand so it rested on the top of my head.

 Marcus made sure to not lose the opportunity to ruffle up my hair before he went back to his side of the dorm room.  

[Later that night]

"I promise I'll stick by your side the whole time, don't worry!" Marcus promised trying to give me a soft reassuring smile. There was a part of me that wanted to believe him, but I know Marcus. Once he see's something interesting or he notice's someone, he'll turn into Casper; I won't see him for the rest of the night.

 "ID please." a bouncer asked looking  Marcus and I up and down.  We showed him our ID's and made our way into the club.

 Once making our way in, I could sense my anxiety rising and Marcus's  concentration on me decreasing. The music was Loud I couldn't even hear myself think.

 " HEY" Marcus tried to yell over the music, " I AM GOING TO GET US SOMETHING TO DRINK. STAY HERE ALRIGHT." 

Him leaving me, even for a second freaked me out. Before he got a chance to leave and I could even process what I was doing, I grabbed on to the back of his shirt. He Just looked at me scanning my face with the facial expressions of a lost puppy.

 "CAN- CAN I COME WITH YOU?" I tried to say loud enough for him to hear so I wouldn't have to repeat myself. 

My cheeks starting to feel flushed from the embarrassment. before he said anything he quickly turned his head so I couldn't look at his facial expressions and he let out a cracked "yeah sure." But, before he turned his head I could have sworn I saw him blush.