chapter 3

[previously]

This isn't happening. This isn't real. This has to be a nightmare. Just a nightmare.

I closed my eyes for a second. Once I re-opened my eyes, all I saw was the Man's eyes staring straight into mine.

It was neither the anxiety or Marcus. But still...

I am going to die. 

[currently]

My heart's nearly pounding out of my chest. A situation like this would help anyone sober up pretty quick. The man would softly hum a slow paced melody while he tapped his index finger against the steering wheel. My heart is beating so fast I thought it might explode.

 Tyler's concentration on me made me feel like I was sweating bullets. I never been a situation like this before. Hell, I doubt most people have. Just the few unlucky bunch who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time; I just I'm one of the few.

 I went for my pockets to pulled out my phone to text Marcus. Shit, that idiot took my phone. how convenient.  We have been driving for quite a bit of time. 

Here and there, Tyler would give me a glance through the mirror; he seemed like he was waiting for my reaction to this irksome scenario. Having anxiety taught me how to mask my emotions. On the outside I might seem calm, but really I have never been more terrified. 

Tap. Tap. Tap.   

Every tap Tyler would make on the wheel, he would smile at me with the most unsettling smile. "You don't seem that bright" he bluntly said out of nowhere.

"Every time I look at you your just sitting there" he proceeded, " you have a cellphone, shouldn't you be trying to text someone. Or do you enjoy the thought of being murdered?" he coldly questioned.

 That comment pissed me off. I don't have my phone because some moron took it from me

 "Jonathan, I thought you'd be a little more interesting to kill, more then that other girl" he continued, "guess I was mistaken." He let out a gentle sigh before putting his focus back on the road. Tyler went back to his slow paced humming. 

"What, were you expecting me to turn into a transformer and start singing Kumbaya for you?" I harshly snapped back. 

There goes my rotten tongue.  I don't know when to shut up do I?

The way Tyler immediately stopped humming and had is full attention back on me was astonishing. By his facial impressions, he implied that he was taken back from my sassy comment. 

" You seem to have a lot of snarky remarks for some who might die" Tyler growled, "I might have spoken to soon" he stated, letting out a dry laugh. 

All of a sudden, the car came to a Holt. Tyler parked the car and turned his body to me so that he was completely facing me.  I finally was able to get a better look of his face. Not that it mattered. I am going to die anyways.

Tyler's features didn't look anything abnormal. Though, he had what look to be a tattoo on the side of his neck. From his nicely groomed eyebrows, I could tell he liked to take care of appearance. His black hair look as though he straighten it. He had a soft amount of freckles and he had light brown eyes. 

His lips curled into a small grin, clearly amused. Which caused him to expose his dimples. 

Everything about Tyler's representation would make me think he was a soft, gentle young man. Oh the irony, given in what type of situation I am in right now. 

Tyler got out of the car and walked around to my side. After opening up my side door, he just watched me for a bit. No expression on his face. 

"Get out of the car" he demanded. I listened. Getting out, I made no hesitation to check my surroundings.

  I need a place to run. somewhere to get away.

 I have no idea where we are anymore. It's way too dark for me to even see any signs. We were in the middle of nowhere and all that could be seen were trees. 

Tyler went the back of the trunk. Opening it to expose a dead body. The man looked a bit on the bigger side. He appeared quite elderly. Their was stab wounds through out the mans shirt. A crimson red stain the mans shirt. 

Ugh I think I am going to be sick.

 "Come here and  make yourself useful" Tyler made yet another demand. Him hinting at me to carry the body. I was debating between whether if I should run into the forest or just stay.

 I've seen to many horror movie's to know the outcome of running. But if I stay, who know's what will happen to me. I decided not to risk it and stayed. 

"I- I don't think I will be able to carry him" I stammered over my words. The thought of having to carry a dead person made my anxiety rise. He just gave me the iciest glance in response. Instead of arguing, I went to go pick up the man. A cold, heavy, dead man in the trunk of a taxi. 

Struggling to pick up the man back for a bit, Tyler began to grow impatient. He came and stood beside me.

"Holy shit man, I get you're tiny but do you not know anything about lifting?" He spewed more rhetorically. Tyler forcefully moved me to the side. "I'll grab the front and you grab his legs alright?" he suggested. I rather not be in this situation to begin with.

We carried the mans body into the middle of the forest. Placing the body on to the ground, Trey turned away from me to make his way back to the car. 

"I'm going back to grab a shovel so you can start digging" he informed, "but if you leave this spot. I will track you down and slice your throat." he tilted his head and smile. 

What kind of twisted person smiles about that?

Once he became out of my view is when I started contemplating. This can be my chance to escape or should I stick around like he told me to. 

what do I do?

Authors note: Hey! sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to inform you on my posting schedule. I will be trying my best to post a chapter every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Let me know if that sounds good. Also thank you so much for supporting my story I greatly appreciate it<3