Chapter 14

"Yeah, Marcus was telling me what I was missing in the courses we both enrolled in." I lied.

Tyler looked at me like I had two heads. He just laughed, giving my cheek a kiss. We both walked back to his car.

"Dork." Tyler laughed, causing me to slap his arm in response to his teasing.

[currently]

Tyler was rubbing Circles on my legs with his finger, while I rested my head on his lap, listening to him quietly hum a soft melody. Tyler still hasn't slept since last night. I glanced clock on the wall, it was five in the morning. Looking up at him, I could tell he was exhausted. 

"Hey, you should get some rest." I suggest, staring up at an over exhausted Tyler.

Tyler just sighed in response. He looked away for a brief moment, before turning back his face to look at me. 

"I rather not. I am not tired anyways..." Tyler tried his best to convince me, failing in the process when a yawn escape his lips. 

I just laughed and Tyler's cheeks reddening in embarrassment.

"Not tired huh?" I teased, lifting myself off of his lap. 

I crawled onto his lap facing him, resting my head on his shoulder. Usually Tyler would wrap his arms around my waist, but not this time. Tyler wouldn't even touch me. I lifted up, pushing my head back so I could look up at Tyler.

 "What's wrong?" I asked, concerned by his sudden change.

Tyler avoided making eye contact with me. It started to make me feel anxious. Tyler glance at me, before looking away again.  

"I've been thinking. Maybe it's best for you to leave." Tyler quietly spoke, but it felt like those words were ringing in my ears.   

My heart sank, those words kept repeating it's in my head. I tried to get up, Tyler went to grab my hand, but I pushed it away. Moving myself away from him, I could tell Tyler felt guilty. 

"Why?" I asked, a lump started to form in my throat, as Tears started to swell up in my eyes. 

I know I should feel happy he's letting me leave, but I just felt hurt. That thought that was lingering in the back of my head, has been confirmed. He was just bored, and he was finally getting tired of me. 

"I don't think you should be here anymore. You deserve to live a normal life and not be caught up in my mess. I want you. But keeping you here on behalf of my own selfish gain, is unfair to you. We'll leave in a hour and a half, I'll drop you at one of the grocery stores parking lot. I'll give you a burn phone so you can call Marcus to pick you up there." Tyler try to explained, still avoiding eye contact. 

"NO!" I snapped, Tyler look at me, taken back by my sudden out burst.

Tear's were rushing down my face. I has hurt that Tyler got tired of me. But now, I was angry knowing he was just pushing me away. I was mad that he was acting the way he was, just to make it easier once I leave. 

"You not letting me have a say in this, is unfair. You not being able to look at me, is unfair. You playing with my emotions, is unfair. Making me catch feelings for you, just for you to tell me to leave, is unfair!" I cried, shaking out of anger.

Tyler tried to wrap his arms around me, only making me pushing them away again. I didn't truly know why I was so emotional about him letting me leave. I was just got so attached with spending time with Tyler.