Chapter 28

I was pacing back and forth around the waiting room. Marcus tried to get me to sit down, so he could calm me down. I just grew more anxious, waiting to hear from the doctor.

"Mr. Lee, I have some news about Mr. Brensons condition." The doctor told me, while Walking out of Tyler's room.

I felt my heart start beating out of my chest.

[Currently]

"Yes. What is it?!" I quickly asked, turning myself to give the doctor my full attention.

Marcus and Alex sat up, waiting for the doctors response. I could tell both of them were just as worried as me, but didn't wanted to show it to keep me calm. I was still freaking out, with how slow everything felt.

"First, I want to reassure you that Mr. Brenson will be just fine." The Doctor said, which made all of us relax, "Mr. Brenson doesn't have anything serious damaged. He just had damaged skin and muscle tissue. Thankfully the wound didn't clog up, or the bullet would have been stuck inside. That would have caused far more issues." The doctor continue.

I sighed in relief, that Tyler was going to be okay. Alex and Marcus also let out a sigh as well. The doctor gave us all a reassuring smile.

"We were able to stitch him up. But Mr. Brenson can't move at the moment from being in too much pain. We gave him a Benadryl to help.  That's all we can do at the moment, giving in how much pain he's in, from swelling pressure and tight muscles." The doctor explained. 

I just froze for a moment, to think what could be done to help Tyler's body. I thought for a brief moment, which made Marcus and Alex look at me confused. Once I realized how simple it was to sooth his body, I looked at the doctor confused. 

"Couldn't you just try to ice it, until the swelling goes down a bit. And once it's down enough, put heat on it, like a heat pack or something?" I asked titling my head confused, "The heat should relax his sore muscles, making him be able to move a bit more freely, without the fear of sharp pains." I explained.

The doctor looked at me surprised. Marcus tried not to laugh, which made Alex pinch his arm to shut him up. The doctor cleared his throat before speaking.

"Yes, you're right. We'll made sure to do that right away." The doctor told me, "You were the one  nurturing his wounds, until the Ambulance came. Is that correct?" The doctor asked me.

I just nodded my head in response, which made the doctor smile. I looked up at him, while he just smiled at me. Marcus coughed to break our awkward interaction.

"Are you thinking of going into nursing?" The doctor asked me, "We would love to have someone here like you, that's quick on their feet." The doctor told me.

I don't know. What would Tyler want me to say?!

I just stared at him for a while, thinking about his offer. I looked over at Marcus, who looked at me just as confused on what to say. I just looked back up at the Doctor and smiled.

"I'll think about it." I told him, because I didn't know what to say in that moment.

The doctor's smile deepened, and he nodded his head in response. He shook my hand and walked away. I walked over to Marcus and Alex, Marcus had an amused look on his face.

"Don't get that mans hopes up." Marcus teased, which made Alex flick his neck in response.

I just stayed silent, lost in thought. I didn't know how I'm supposed to feel right now. Alex noticed the confusion on my face, which made him move chairs so that he was sitting beside me.