chapter 6

I don't know what the hell is going on. But hopefully, he will be this chill when I try to run away again.

[Currently] 

It's been three day's now with Tyler. Coming up from the basement here and there. Tyler would come down, sit on the stairs and talk to me and I would listen. He would bring me food and leave right after. This was our usual routine now.

I've been so used to having my family and Marcus eat with me, it feel's wrong to eating alone. I feel like I have been taking that for granted. Hearing their laughter, being able to talk about our day, telling Marcus to shut up, it all feels so foreign to me now. 

I miss them. 

The home sick feeling finally kicked in. Not knowing if they even noticed if I was gone, made me nauseous. 

 What if they don't even care that I am gone. What if Marcus never even noticed I went missing. Maybe he's not even looking for me. Maybe he felt like I was a burden to him and he's happy I'm gone. 

My mind wouldn't stop coming up with the worst scenario's. 

"Hey mister day dreamer, I brought you something to eat. Here." Tyler said while coming down the stairs, holding a plate of food for me.

I'm really tired of being in this basement, but I'm also tired of eating alone. I didn't even contemplate what I was saying before I already said it. 

"Hey, could you eat with me?" I asked quietly, my cheeks flushing up out of embarrassment. 

Tyler seemed to be caught off guard with the question, because his expression looked like a dear caught in head light's. He just tilted his head and scanned my face. After a bit, he quickly turned his body so his back was facing, and he had a hand on his face.

"Sure, if that's what you'd like." he softly replied before heading back up the stares.

After our talk, he would come down and eat with me more frequently that day. It was awkward the first time, but then I got used to it.    

[Meanwhile]

"COMON, YOU GOT TO DO SOMETHING!" Marcus shouted, fuming with anger, which made his body shake. 

He was currently down in the police station. Pacing back and forth around, pulling his hair, out of frustration. He's been there every single day, since he realized Jonathan didn't make it back to the dorms. 

"Sir, we are doing the best we can. Just let the police handle this, your friend will be fine." the lady at the front desk said, not even acknowledging Marcus's presence. 

"BULLSHIT." he cursed, causing the women to jolt up and look at him in response.

"He's been missing for 3 day's, 3 whole day's and still they can't tell me anything. And you have the audacity to tell me they're doing the best they can, I call BS. I haven't slept or ate for day's, I've been too worried to sleep. And I'm supposed to put my trust in people who can't even do their job?" he fumed, eye's starting to tear up.