Chapter 7

Tyler just laughed while he pretended to copy my thinking expression, pretending to shiver in fear hear and there. For the first time in while, I felt like my smile was genuine.

Wow, I smiled at Tyler's joke. That's a first. 

[Currently]

"So what's on your mind?" Tyler asked, tilting his head out of curiosity.

I was currently sitting on the floor, looking up at Tyler; who was sitting on the top of the stairs peering down at me. I let out a soft sigh before replying.

"Nothing really important." I said, mostly to avoid the question.

I got up from where I was sitting and made my way to the stairs Tyler was sitting on. Sitting myself a couple steps below him. Both of us staring at each other, but neither of us saying a word.

"Anyways, what's up with you living in the middle of the woods. It gives me Hanzal and Gretel vibes. So weird." I finally broke the silence, snorting at the thought of Tyler being  a creepy grandma.

Tyler just looked at me amused, head tilted back while his back was against the wall, him still looked down at me. Letting out a soft chuckle as a response to my teasing. 

"Yeah, yeah. Joke all you want. But don't forget who still entered it." he teased back.

He closed his eye's and smiled, looking satisfied when he saw my reaction to his comment. I glared at him with a sour expression on my face. Quickly turning my head away so he couldn't look at me.

"Cute." Tyler said, still grinning, following it up with a soft hum escaping his lips.

My cheek's felt hot, while I still tried to avoid Tyler's gaze. Doing my very best to not give him another reaction. 

Did he just call my sulking cute?

"Whatever." I shot back, more aggressive then I would have intended.

Tyler didn't really seemed fazed by my aggressiveness. He just adjusted his body so it was facing me, looking directly at me.

"Nah but for real. Who just enters a random house in the middle of the woods?" Tyler became really serious all of a sudden, " You must have been too drunk or just really stupid." He bluntly spewed out. 

Damn. You're not wrong, but you didn't have to say it.

  "Actually all of the above..." I said honestly, tapping my chin like I was thinking of the right answer. 

Tyler's facial expression's remained the same, ignoring my witty remark. He just got up, stretched, and extended out his hand to me. Patiently waiting for me to grab it.

I just stared at his hand with a confused look on my face. Curiously staring at it for a bit, causing Tyler let out a sigh in annoyance.

"Are you going to take it, or do you want to stay down here forever?" He asked, frowning his eyebrows down, still waiting for my response. 

Does this mean I finally get to go upstairs. Out of this dirty, gross basement? 

It feel's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder's. I finally have a chance to escape. I just need to think out a plan. Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice the annoyed expression on Tyler's face.

"DAMN, FINE. Stay down here for all I ca-" I quickly cut him off by grabbing his hand. 

"No, no. I'm sorry, please let me still go up." I begged him, squeezing it ever so slightly, but enough for him to notice.