i

"baby~" he cooed, wrapping his large arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder

"baby~" he cooed, wrapping his large arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. I smiled. "please stop working, I want to spend time with you." he added.

I sighed, "just let me finish this one paper, I'm almost done."

"that's what you always say," he whined. "you're taking a break for the whole day."

"koo I can't-"

I yelped as he suddenly picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I giggled as he carried me to the couch. "I said, you're going to take a break for the whole day," he said through gritted teeth. "and I'm not taking no for an answer."

he kissed the tip of my nose, I cupped his cheeks as he looked into my eyes, "fine, but just this one time..."

"no, all the time," he grinned before kissing me. "I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too, kook."

my body flinched and I woke up to reality. I shivered slightly, pulling the covers over my bare legs. I turned my body towards the soft snores that filled the room, to see taehyung, his mouth slightly ajar.

he looked absolutely adorable, I smiled before gently kissing him on his forehead, trying my best to not wake him.

I got up from bed, putting some pants on and walking past hyejin's room to see her sound asleep. I walked in quietly, pulling her blanket over her shoulders to stay warm.

I went down to the kitchen, the cold tile against my bare feet made me shutter slightly. I began to make coffee for myself, some tea for taehyung because he didn't like coffee, and the ingredients for pancakes for hyejin.

the aroma of coffee began to fill the house, I blew on the hot liquid before taking a small sip, letting the warmth fill my body. I went out onto the patio, leaning against the ledge and looking at the morning sky.

the sky looked slightly hazy, the sun made a beautiful orange and pink color, considering global warming wasn't even a thing anymore. the crisp morning air hit my skin as I took another sip of my coffee, another morning in the apocalypse.

I exhaled through my nose, seeing from afar tall buildings that had holes in them, glass broken, and green moss growing along the sides.

thirteen years. it's been thirteens years since the first zombie outbreak. I still can't wrap my head around that fact.

me, taehyung and hyejin have been in the same place for all these years. although, I feel like it's been the hardest for hyejin.

she was born into the apocalypse, that's all she's ever known. she hasn't lived a normal childhood, she hasn't experienced things everyone should.

that grew on me everyday. that my daughter was completely clueless of what the world used to be like.

she deserved to go to school, to have friends, to go on dates, to see movies, to live the life she was supposed to live, to meet her dad. the second half of her, of me. the man who gave her her name.

I chewed my upper lip, looking down into my cup of coffee and stopping myself from crying. it was fine though, this is how I always started my mornings. thinking of how things could be different for my daughter.

for everyone.

a warmth engulfed me when I felt large arms wrap around me, taehyung. he kissed the side of my head before resting his chin on my shoulder, "good morning beautiful."

"good morning," I smiled. "do you want tea? I already have it ready for you-"

he shushed me, "don't stress about me. I've told you many times to not worry about me."

I sighed, "I'm sorry, I just want you to be satisfied-"

he laughed, "you sound ridiculous. I'm satisfied to even be in the same vicinity as you."

I leaned against his chest, blushing. I sniffed the air, "what's that smell?"

taehyung gasped, "oh shit the pancakes!"

he quickly let go of me, rushing inside and taking the, now burnt, pancakes off the pan. "taehyung you know you can't cook-"

"I know, I know! I just wanted to take something off your plate for you..." he sighed.

I giggled, cupping his cheeks and planting a kiss on the tip of his nose. "did appa burn the pancakes again?" hyejin asked, rubbing her head.

"good morning honey," I smiled, kissing the top of her head. "sit down, I'll make you more pancakes."

hyejin nodded and smiled, sitting down at the table. taehyung sighed, throwing a rag into the sink and sitting across from hyejin.

"hyejin-ah, I want to teach another song," taehyung smiled. "it was one of your dad's songs."

hyejin smiled, "my dad wrote a song?"

"oh he's written many songs, I have yet to teach them to you."

"are they like the songs you've written?" she asked.

he hummed, "well no, this one is special, you know why?" he whispered.

"why?" she asked curiously.

"because this one, is about your mom."

I looked at them over my shoulder, smiling as taehyung glanced at me. hyejin smiled, "what's it called?"

"euphoria."

________________

omg first chapter!!!!! i really hope you guys like this book as much as the first one 😂
my writing has improved a bit, but idk lol

please leave comments/feedback, it would really help benefit me and my writing ♡

❖ ❖ ❖