xxvi

I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by white sheets

I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by white sheets. I sat up in the bed I was laying in, where the hell was I?

I definitely wasn't in the lab anymore.

I looked down at my body, gauze was placed over the parts of my arm where the iv's had been injected.

I was dressed in clean clothes, my bites had been tended to, and it was quiet.

too quiet.

"t-taehyung?" I mumbled as taehyung's sleeping figure laid next to me. he was dressed in clean clothing too.

"tae, wake up." I shook him. he sat up immediately, looking around, "where are we? where's hyejin?"

hyejin.

we both jumped out of the bed, beginning to looking around the house we were in. "hyejin? hyejin?" taehyung said as he looked in all the rooms.

we walked into a kitchen, hyejin was sitting at the table with daewon.

she exhaled, "thank god you guys are awake. stay here hyejinnie..."

daewon grabbed onto my arm and taehyung's, taking us away from hyejin.

"daewon-ah, what the hell is going on?" I asked.

"I've figured out everything I could while you guys were sleeping," she said. "it's fucking weird..."

her and hyejin were dressed differently too. daewon tugged at the collar of her shirt, uncomfortable in the clothing.

"where are we?" taehyung asked.

"honestly I don't know," she sighed. "but there are no zombies. anywhere. we're where they placed the rich people when the apocalypse started.

"these people paid a lot of money to be where they are now. it's an entirely different world out there. there's running water, food, it's almost like the apocalypse never happened."

"and my blood? what did they do with hyejin?" I asked.

"they've been working on that. I don't know what they're doing with hyejin's blood. it's weird here, everyone seems...brainwashed, in a sort of way." she said.

"okay but why did they put us here?" I asked.

she shrugged, "who knows. all I know is that this place is crazily protected and safe. I doubt we'll see any zombies for the next few years..."