xxiii

soohyun clinged onto hyejin's jacket as they ran through the building

soohyun clinged onto hyejin's jacket as they ran through the building. soohyun gripped onto his gun as he checked their surroundings continuously.

soohyun pulled hyejin behind a wall, kneeling down to her height and holding onto her. her chest was heaving up and down as she tried steadying her breathing.

"w-what are they gonna do to me?" she asked.

soohyun shook his head, "they won't do anything."

she licked her lips, holding a photo of jungkook in her hand, "I wish he was here..."

"he is," soohyun said. hyejin looked up at him. "he's always here..."

soohyun grabbed onto hyejin's hand, getting ready to run again until a gunshot went off.

soohyun groaned in pain as he collapsed to the ground, holding onto his side.

"s-soohyun!" hyejin cried.

soohyun clenched his teeth together as he applied pressure to the wound, the sweat dripping down the side of his face.

"l-look at me hyejin-ah," soohyun panted. hyejin's lips quivered. "I need you to run, and don't stop. take my gun..."

"soohyun I can't-"

"yes you can," he said sternly. "shoot whoever you can. I know you can do it..."

"soohyun, please don't leave..."

he grabbed onto the necklace around hyejin's neck, the one he had given her himself. seeing his daughter in hyejin for a second.

"you're a smart girl, hyejin. I know you'll figure something out..."

hyejin clenched onto his sleeve as his eyes slowly closed, his arms falling to his sides. hyejin shut her eyes, tears falling down her cheeks.

she gasped and jumped away when soohyun suddenly woke up as a zombie, his skin turning pale instantly.

hyejin ran towards where the gunshot had came from before. a soldier gasped, beginning to shoot at the zombie.

hyejin pointed the gun, shooting the soldier in the leg, making him fall to the ground. she kicked his gun away, holding soohyun's zombie away from her with one arm.

she dragged the zombie closer to the soldier, shoving it towards the soldier. the soldier screamed in pain as soohyun's zombie began to devour him.

hyejin then ran, wiping her tears away with one hand as she carried a gun in the other.

________________

i'm so mad, i was so excited because i could sleep in today and i woke up earlier than i wanted to smh

the boys did so good on kbs omg I SCREAMED WHEN THEY PERFORMED I NEED U UGH

❖ ❖ ❖