xviii

"we can't stop for her, we don't need another person dying

"we can't stop for her, we don't need another person dying..."

"soohyun, stop the car." I said sternly.

he sighed, pulling over and rolling down his window as the woman came closer to the car.

I gasped when I saw her face, daewon.

"d-daewon-ah?" I asked, exiting the car.

her face lit up, breaking into tears, "minseo!"

I ran up to her, she jumped into my arms, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"oh, minseo I thought I'd never see you again!" she sobbed. I began to cry as I held her tighter.

"daewon-ah!" taehyung yelled.

she gasped, running up to taehyung and hugging him too.

"w-why is there just two of you?" she asked.

I frowned, "the boys...they all died the day of the outbreak..."

her jaw dropped slightly, her bottom lip quivered as more tears began to form, "a-and...my hoseok?"

I licked my lips, shutting my eyes as I remembered the exact moment when hoseok died, he saved us. all of us.

a sob escaped her lips as she clenched onto her chest, "oh...oh my brother...my baby brother..."

I sucked in my bottom lip as I hugged her. she sobbed into my shoulder as she kept repeating his name under her breath.

taehyung sat on the hood of the car, pinching his eyes. his cheeks were flushed and quiet sobs left his lips.

I looked at her, lifting her chin, "he saved us..."

she wiped her tears, "all that matters is that you two made it out, for them."

I smiled, "I'd like you to meet someone."

I grabbed her hand, pulling her closer to the car. I opened hyejin's door, gesturing her to come out.

hyejin stepped out the car, smiling at daewon. "daewon-ah, this is my daughter, hyejin."

she raised her eyebrows, "d-daughter? she looks just like..."

"jungkook?" I grinned and she nodded her head. "she's mine and jungkook's."

"and how old are you?" she asked hyejin.

"thirteen." she answered. daewon's face fell, "thirteen? you were pregnant during the outbreak?"

I nodded my head, "hyejin, this is daewon, your uncle's hoseok's older sister."

"she's so beautiful minseo..." she smiled.

"where were you headed?" soohyun suddenly asked.

"a small town that isn't too far from here, and you guys?" she asked.

"gwangju, we needed to get to a lab there." I said.

"a lab? for?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

I sighed, "I've been given the zombie vaccine...I'm the only trial that didn't fail. I need to get a lab in gwangju so they can duplicate the antibodies in my blood. and...hyejin's been bitten, but she's immune, she doesn't have the vaccine."

she stared at us in shock, "and you've been bitten?"

"eight times," I nodded. "and I survived."

"well you can't go to gwangju." she said.

"why not?" soohyun asked.

"gwangju is full of zombies. why do you think I'm the only one coming from that direction? there's no way you'll survive. at least the men..." she said.

"what? that can't be, we were told to go there." I said.

"we have to, we have no other choice." soohyun added.

daewon sighed, obviously opposing the idea. "please come with us," I said. "we're not just gonna leave you."

"we'll force you in the car if we have to." taehyung grinned.

daewon rolled her eyes and smiled, "fine."

________________

welllll this weekend sucked 😭
but it was instantly made when i looked at bts memes all day lolll

have a gr8 day y'all are so amazing

❖ ❖ ❖