xii

we'd been driving for, what felt like days

we'd been driving for, what felt like days. it was starting to get late.

I watched the sun go down, taehyung was sitting up and taking a nap with his arms crossed.

the slightest bump or noise could wake him up, yet again, it was like that for all of us. we couldn't sleep properly because we were on high alert.

"we have to stop," hanbin said from the driver's seat. "it's getting late, the z's will be out tonight."

soohyun sighed as he looked over at us, "we can stop at the nearest hotel."

"where are we?" I asked, looking around the town we were pulling into. "masan," hanbin answered. "we'll be staying in the hotel."

"hotel? won't there be a lot of z's there?" I asked.

"there will be a lot of z's everywhere." soohyun said.

hyejin propped herself up on her elbow, taehyung opened his eyes and began to look around.

there were just a few zombies out in the street, I figured that most of them were trapped in the buildings.

the car approached the hotel, we all got out discreetly, sneaking into the back of the building and going for the stairs.

"nothing?" hanbin questioned as he pointed his gun in front of him.

hyejin stood in between me and taehyung, we hurried into one of the hallways, no zombies.

"we don't have keys..." hyejin said as she looked at the locks on the doors.

"give me the rod." I said to her. she handed me the metal rod she had been carrying. I pryed the door open with the rod, breaking the lock.

I opened the door slowly, taehyung was standing next to me ready to shoot.

I looked around the hotel room, it was perfectly neat, like it was never touched even when the apocalypse started, "this room is clear."

"okay, let's check the next room." soohyun said.

I broke the lock again, everybody was ready to shoot. "clear."

we all sighed in relief, the last thing we needed was a dead zombie outside the door.

"okay, we'll stay in this room, you three stay in that one," hanbin said. "be ready in the morning. we'll look for supplies and some gas if we can."