xiii

I opened my eyes as I heard a knock at the door

I opened my eyes as I heard a knock at the door. I lifted to my head to see hyejin still sound asleep. taehyung's arm was draped over my waist, holding me close.

I grabbed onto his hand softly, lifting it and removing myself from the bed to open the door.

"good afternoon." soohyun chuckled.

"afternoon?" I asked. "I thought we were supposed to leave in the morning?"

"change of plans," hanbin sighed. "we decided to let you guys sleep, you've been through more than we have. we went out and found a radio and contacted our lieutenant."

"and?" I asked.

"we told him you're alive. the lab is still active in gwangju and they're waiting for us still. but we need to leave, now."

I nodded my head, "we should be ready in a few then."

soohyun stopped me before closing the door, pointing at my arm and the bandage wrapped around it.

"how are the bites?" he asked.

I shrugged, "they're healing like any other wound, suprisingly."

he nodded, "get ready then."

I closed the door, exhaling as I walked back to the bed me and taehyung were sleeping in. he was breathing through his nose, his cheeks smashed against the pillow.

I smiled, planting kisses on his cheek. I began to kiss the rest of his face, his eyebrow, his nose, his forehead, everywhere.

soon, he shifted in his sleep, opening his eyes and smiling, "that was the best way you've ever woken me up."

"I've woken you up many other ways too." I smirked. he laughed, "yeah you surprised me those times too,"

he grabbed onto the back of my neck, kissing my lips, "good morning."

"good afternoon, actually," I laughed. "soohyun and hanbin decided to let us sleep. they contacted their lieutenant and they're waiting for us still. but we have to leave now."

he sighed, "is hyejin still sleeping?"

I nodded my head, "I'm going to wake her up now too. get ready."

I got off the bed, sitting beside hyejin and stroking her hair, kissing her forehead, "hyejin-ah, it's time to wake up bubs."