xvi

we drove for hours, hyejin napped the whole way

we drove for hours, hyejin napped the whole way. I had been spending the time looking through the pictures hyejin brought with her with taehyung.

we laughed as we looked through the pictures, remembering every single moment. I was so young in all of them.

and so was everyone else. "ugh, look," I chuckled. "hoseok made me trip and fall that day remember?"

taehyung smiled, "that was the day my grandma passed away..."

"was it?" I asked.

"I only remember because I cried into that green and yellow jacket for hours," he chuckled. "do you think she'd be proud of me...?"

he asked in a whisper. "of course she would," I answered. "she'd be proud of all of us. the sacrifices everyone has made..."

"she'd love hyejin..."

"everyone would've loved hyejin." I smiled, stroking her hair as she laid in my lap.

he sighed, "the older she gets the more she just starts to look like jungkook."

"I know," I smiled. "she's like a girl replica of him. she looks nothing like me."

"yes, she has your cute little nose." he laughed as his fingertip brushed over my nose. I scoffed, "no she does not, her whole face is jungkook."

"but she's pretty like you." he smiled.

I smiled back as he kissed me on the cheek, resting his head against mine.

"alright, here we are. suncheon." hanbin spoke as we drove into the new destination.

there were no zombies in sight, at all. not even in the broken buildings. it was a ghost town.

"should we stop for gas?" soohyun asked while looking around.

"I guess we could." hanbin sighed as he put the car into park.

hyejin woke up at the sound of the car doors slamming, rubbing her eyes, "we're gonna look for gas." I said.

she nodded, getting out the car. as soon as I stepped out the car, a pair of hands grabbed onto me and hyejin, I yelped when they crushed my body.

that's when I saw a few other men gripping onto taehyung, soohyun, and hanbin.

hyejin struggled to escape, kicking her legs and panting heavily. "stop moving!" the man yelled at her, pulling out a knife and holding it to her neck.