xi

my jaw remained dropped, finding myself stuttering as I didn't know what to do

"we have to go! come on!" soohyun yelled from the truck.

"c-cover your hand." I gulped as I grabbed on her sleeve and she jumped onto the truck.

the zombies followed behind us as we drove away, yet again.

I gulped as I grabbed her hand, it was purple and red around the bite, blood oozing down her wrist, she hissed in pain when I rotated her wrist.

"m-mom...I-I'm sorry..." she trembled. I shook my head, my lips quivered as I gave her a melancholy smile, moving a strand of hair from her face.

taehyung narrowed his eyes, they were swollen from the tears, "w-why isn't she turning?"

I sniffled as I looked at her, checking her eyes, waiting for them to turn white.

it reminded me of seokjin. never will I ever forget the moment his beautiful eyes became ugly within a matter of seconds.

"what's happened?" soohyun asked. he gasped when he saw hyejin's hand, he immediately pointed his gun at her.

"don't you fucking touch her!" taehyung shoved him, standing in front of hyejin, who began to cry. "don't you even lay a finger on her..."

"are you fucking mad? she'll turn and kill all of us!" he yelled. "how long has it been since she was bitten?"

"a few minutes..." I answered.

soohyun slowly put down his gun as he stared at hyejin. taehyung turned to face hyejin, grabbing onto the sides of her head and looking into her eyes.

"b-baby do you feel anything?" he asked. hyejin shook her head, "w-what am I supposed to feel?" she mumbled.

"she should be z by now..." soohyun said.

"w-why isn't she turning?" I asked.

soohyun approached hyejin, inspecting her eyes. he grabbed onto her chin, pulling her mouth down and checking her teeth.

"nothing. no jaw cracking, her eyes are fine. and she is acting normally." he said as he backed away from her.

"what does that mean?" she asked.

"how can she be bitten by a zombie and not turn? she doesn't have the vaccine. she's never been anywhere close to the lab-"

"she's immune," soohyun breathed. "she's immune to the zombie virus, there's no other explanation."

"impossible..." taehyung whispered.

she looked at us with jungkook's doe eyes, confused on why nothing was happening to her.

I thanked god, no. I thanked jungkook, and the rest of the boys.

there was no way in hell, they'd let this sickness take my baby.

"I'll be fine, right?" she asked taehyung as he kneeled down in front of her.

he gave her a smile, cupping her cheek in one hand and caressing her skin with his thumb, "yes, we just need to heal the wound and you'll be okay."

taehyung reached into his backpack, pulling out some bandages and cleaning the bite, wrapping her hand in the bandage afterwards.

"just try to cover that up," he sighed. "you'll be fine. it'll leave one hell of a scar though."

he grinned as she sighed, tilting her wrist, looking down at the bandage. I still couldn't wrap my head around it, how was it possible for her to be immune?

I didn't even know people could be immune.

I'm just happy it didn't take her, I couldn't lose that part of jungkook. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

taehyung sat down in front of me, he grabbed onto my hand and smiled at me, "hey, it's okay. she's okay..."

he hugged me tightly, placing a kiss on my lips, "she's alright baby..."

I sobbed silently into him, "w-what if she wasn't immune-"

"no," he stated. "you can't think about it. the only thing we should worry about now is getting you to that lab. she is fine. perfectly fine..."

he wiped my tears, flashing his box smile at me, immediately taking all my worries away with just a facial expression.

he planted kisses all over my face, trying his best to calm me down. he could still sense I was on edge, that I was still worried.

he held me close to him, resting his chin on my head and rocking our bodies back and forth.

"jungkook saved her," he whispered. "they all did."

I chuckled, sniffling my tears away, "yeah, I know they did."

"ah!" he exclaimed, reaching into his backpack and pulling out a sheet of paper.

"make me a crane love," he smiled. "I remember you always used to make one for us everyday during school."

I laughed as I grabbed onto the sheet of paper, "I haven't made a paper crane in years..."

he smiled, watching as I began to fold the paper to make a crane.

________________

i had a fun weekend lol i hope you guys did too!!
* STREAM LIFE GOES ON COWARDS *
and listen to the rest of the be album it's so so good omggggg

❖ ❖ ❖