xxiv

I could smell blood as I kept running

I could smell blood as I kept running. I stopped when I saw a huge puddle of blood on the floor, the fluorescent lights beaming on top of it.

two zombies snarled as they walked in the hallway, but I gasped when I looked at one of them.

"oh, soohyun..." my lips quivered. a soldier walked beside him as they both stared at me.

as I ran past them, they followed behind me. if hyejin was with soohyun, then where is she now?

"hyejin? hyejin!" I yelled. an alarm and red lights went off throughout the whole building.

I needed to find hyejin before they did.

my legs were burning as I looked around, swallowing the lump of dryness in my throat as I wiped the sweat from my brow.

"omma!" hyejin's voice beamed through the other end of the hall.

I gasped as we ran to each other, I fell to my knees as I captured her in my arms. her body was shaking as she hugged me tighter.

"are you okay?" I asked.

her eyes grew wide as she saw the zombies behind me. "I-I didn't know what to do about soohyun...I wanted to save him-"

"shh, it's okay." I tried giving her a reassuring smile.

"I-I don't know where appa and daewon are...I think the soldiers have them." she sniffled.

"they'll be fine..."

"I-I tried to lie and tell them nothing was wrong with my hand. but he grabbed me and-and-"

"nothing is your fault, hyejin. you hear me? you did nothing wrong." I told her.

"I want to go home...I want to go back to busan. I want to sleep in my dad's bed again and just stay safe..." she mumbled.

I frowned, rubbing her back to soothe her. I wiped her tears away with my thumbs, jungkook's doe eyes stared at me.

"it'll all be over. but we need to find a way out of here..." I sighed.

"and appa and daewon?" she asked.

"we'll find a way to get them out too. come on." I grabbed onto her hand, beginning to run one way.

we both stopped when we saw a group of soldiers stare back at us. when we turned around, another group of soldiers greeted us.

we were trapped.

I held hyejin behind my back, the zombies snarled as they stood in front of me.

the soldiers shot down the zombies with no hesitation. they walked closer to us, grabbing onto us.

I clinged onto hyejin as she clinged onto me. hyejin began to cry as they tried taking her from me.

"get off me! get the fuck off!" I screamed as they wrapped their arms around me.

it took more than one of them to pull me and hyejin apart. "mom!" she shrieked as her hand slipped from mine.

"hyejin! let go of me!" I struggled, attempting to elbow them.

"mom! mom!" she screamed as they pulled us in different directions.

"everything will be okay hyejin-ah! I promise!" I yelled from afar.

I kicked and punched as the soldiers tried to engulf me in their arms. I managed to bite one of them, the blood seeping through my teeth.

the soldier yelped in pain, slapping me across the face harshly. I winced, blinking the stinging pain away. but it didn't stop me.

I spat in his face, my blood began to boil as he smirked, wiping my saliva off his face.

he took the back of his gun, slamming it against my face. my teeth rattling in my mouth was the last thing I remember before blacking out instantly.

________________

i finished christmas shopping :))) i'm like so eager to wrap the presents already omg

we've almost reached the end guys...i hope you'll like the ending !

❖ ❖ ❖