xvii

it felt different without hanbin here

it felt different without hanbin here. I felt terrible because soohyun looked so sad, then again, we all were.

I also felt terrible because he died for me.

now it was just the four of us. I looked over at hyejin, she was staring out the window. "where the hell did you get a sniper?" I asked, grinning a bit.

"I saw it in the back when I was getting water." she answered.

I sighed, "are you okay?"

she shrugged as she looked back at me, "I guess so..."

"you guess so?" I asked.

she sighed, "I thought that by the time I got out of busan, there'd be no zombies...or I would just be there for the rest of my life. and I thought that my first time being out wouldn't involve anyone being killed. it's a lot to take in..."

I frowned, rubbing her arm to comfort her, "I know...you know how much I want things to be different for you..."

"I saw more than thirty people die in one day," she scoffed. "this is traumatizing to me..."

"well," I cleared my throat. "if it were a contest, I would've won by a long shot."

I earned a grin from her, jungkook's grin.

"how far are we from gwangju?" I heard taehyung ask in the front seat.

"at least an hour away." soohyun answered plainly.

taehyung sighed, looking over his shoulder at hyejin, his eyes averting to her hand, "how's that hand, kid?"

she pursed her lips, rotating her wrist as she glanced at the bandage around her, "it's getting better, I guess. it still kind of hurts though."

"do you think the doctors could check it without getting suspicious?" I asked.

"I doubt it," soohyun sighed. "I suggest we just try and keep it hidden...say she sliced herself with a knife or something."

the car fell silent again until hyejin spoke, "mom have you ever been to gwangju?"

I nodded, "one year. we visited your uncle hoseok's family. it's where he grew up."

she pursed her lips, "do you think we'll see them?"

I frowned, "I don't think so bubs..."

"hey, we got a live one." soohyun said. we all looked in front of us, we saw a woman walking.

"what is a woman doing walking out here by herself?" I mumbled.

"is she a z?" taehyung asked.

"no, I don't think so." soohyun answered.

"stop the car." I said.

"what? why?" soohyun scoffed.

"that girl...she looks familiar..."

________________

yeahh decided to double update today😂😂

it's missing taehyung hours for me rn :,) and seokjin, and yoongi, and jungkook...and so on💀

❖ ❖ ❖