iii

a week passed

a week passed. everyday taehyung has been going out, it's a job except he's not getting paid.

I mean, what could you possibly get paid for other than living?

taehyung carried hyejin to her bed as she had fallen asleep on the couch. he planted a kiss on her forehead before covering her with a blanket.

I kissed her head, smiling and walking with taehyung out the door.

out of no where, taehyung scooped me up in his arms, I giggled as he carried me to our room.

"what are you doing?" I laughed. he shushed me, laying me down on the bed, kissing me as he hovered on top of me.

"I wanted to spend some time with you." he smiled. "but you always spend time with me?" I giggled.

"well not so much lately, I've been out you know?" he said as he moved the hairs off my forehead. "I miss you..."

I laughed, "it's only been a week-"

"but it feels like eternity!" he groaned, he pursed his lips into a pout.

"you're such a baby." I rolled my eyes, kissing his lips. he smiled, "much better."

he kissed me deeper, I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer. the smile plastered on his face began to disappear slowly the more he looked into my eyes.

"baby, what's wrong?" he asked. "nothing," I shook my head innocently. "does it seem like something is wrong?"

"you're bad at hiding your emotions," he grinned. "I can always tell when something is off. I know you want to talk about it."

I sighed, knowing he was right. he could read me like a book and it bothered me. he grabbed onto my arms, pulling me up so I could sit and face him.

he crossed his legs in front of me, waiting patiently for me to say something. "tae, do you ever think about where we would be if the apocalypse never happened?"

he inhaled through his nose, chewing on his lip as he began to think. "because I do all the time." I added.

he shrugged, "I guess I've thought about it a few times."

"and?"

"and what," he laughed. "you'd still be with jungkook, hyejin would be with her real dad. the boys would still be around and we'd all be okay. we'd all be happy like we always were."

"and me and you?" I asked. "me and you would've never happened. don't you ever think about that?"

"of course." he sighed. "doesn't that...bother you?" I narrowed my eyes.

"no," he said. "because I know you would've been happier with jungkook,"

my mouth closed shut as I frowned at him. "I loved you even before all of this, not in a romantic way but I still loved you. same way for the boys. I took jungkook's position as a father for hyejin, to be with you, because he wanted me to.

"because he knew I could, I was the one person left to rely on. my love for you only grew more over these years. I treat hyejin like my own daughter,"

he gave me a smile as I looked down. "it doesn't hurt me to know that you would be happy with jungkook if he were still here, hyejin too. it would make me happy knowing you're happy.

"because that was the life you were supposed to have, you weren't supposed to be with me. it just turned out that way. I know your heart is still devoted to jungkook, it always will be."

I rubbed my lips together as he continued, "that's like saying I'm going to find new friends and they'd immediately make me forget the times I had with the boys, forget them."

I gave him a melancholy smile. "I just...he was a part of me. he was my other half, without him I felt like nothing..."

"and I feel the same way," he gave a low chuckle. "me and you, we're all each other's got. jungkook wouldn't want you worrying about all this-"

"he'd want me to focus on hyejin and you and living." I sighed. he grinned, "exactly."

he leaned forward, kissing me. one peck held so much passion and love. he wiped the single tear that slipped off my cheek, "you okay?"

I nodded my head, "I'm sure I will be."

he slipped his arms through mine, tackling me down softly into the pillows. I giggled as he buried his face into the crook of my neck.

he held onto my body tightly as I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with his hair and combing it with my fingers.

"we'll be okay," he whispered. "us three against the world."

I smiled, "I'll take your word for it."

________________

♡zpv'sf bnbajoh

❖ ❖ ❖