xxi

a few moments earlier

all four of them watched as minseo left the room. taehyung sighed deeply.

"will mom be okay?" hyejin asked. taehyung gave her a small smile, "she'll be fine. it shouldn't take long."

"what happens, after this?" daewon asked.

taehyung shrugged, looking at soohyun, hoping he would know. but soohyun shook his head, "I'm not sure. I never got any information further than this."

taehyung looked at the soldiers over his shoulder, exhaling through his nose.

"what's wrong?" daewon asked.

"I have a bad feeling..." taehyung licked the inside of his cheek.

"about?" daewon furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't know, I just have this feeling...and it's not a good one." he whispered.

she sighed, "I see those wheels spinning in your head, taehyung. what are you thinking of doing?"

"getting the hell out of here as soon as-"

"what happened to your hand kid?" a soldier asked hyejin.

the hairs on daewon's neck stood up, taehyung looked at hyejin, who began to panic internally.

"I sliced my hand with a knife..." she replied.

"well if you sliced your hand don't you think the doctor should look at it?" he asked.

"i-it's not that bad." she shook her head.

"oh please, I've been doing this job for a long time. and when someone slices their hand with a knife, it's pretty serious, let me have a look-"

"no! I mean...no, thank you, it's really fine."

"it's just a minor cut, she's fine." taehyung said, his fingers wrapped around the fabric of hyejin's jacket.

the men started to grow suspicious.

daewon and soohyun were at the edge of their seats. their hands began to sweat, they were all ready to grab hyejin if they needed to.

"minor cuts aren't wrapped that much." the man raised an eyebrow.

"is there something you're hiding, sweetheart?" the other soldier asked.

hyejin licked her lips, shaking her head hesitantly. "y'know, they've been suspicious since they got here, huh?" the soldier gripped onto his gun tighter.

"I can agree with that." the other chuckled.

taehyung rolled his eyes, "don't you guys have other responsibilities or something? like kissing ass to that doctor?"

the soldier clenched his jaw under his mask, averting his eyes to hyejin, "let me see your hand kid."

"sir...it's a minor cut-"

the soldier grabbed onto hyejin, she gasped as she was dragged out of her seat. daewon and taehyung stood up immediately.

the other soldier held them against the wall with his gun. soohyun pointed his gun at the soldier as he held a pocket knife to hyejin's neck.

soohyun shifted from one foot to the other as the soldier began to unwrap hyejin's hand.

he gasped, releasing hyejin from his grasp as his eyes stayed glued to her hand. hyejin didn't hesitate to run, soohyun following behind her.

"g-get her!" the soldier stuttered in shock. "get them!"

both soldiers immediately ran after hyejin and soohyun. taehyung and daewon following behind them.

"the child is on the run!" one yelled. "she's been bitten and she's with that fucking sergeant!"

soon the place began to flood with soldiers, they grabbed onto daewon and taehyung, dragging them away.

taehyung was filled with anger and rage as the men took a hold of him. it took four men to drag him away and two to take daewon.

________________

i didn't have any finals today but i do tmrw. i'm sooo nervous 😭

stores are planning to close tomorrow for shelter in place 🙃i hope i can get the rest of my shopping done smhh

❖ ❖ ❖