vi

it didn't take long for hyejin to notice the house was quiet

it didn't take long for hyejin to notice the house was quiet. too quiet.

she walked out of her room quietly, "omma?"

no answer.

"appa?"

no answer.

her heart began to race, never have they ever left her alone by herself before. she was always with them.

she knew where taehyung would be, but where did her mom go?

she walked to the front door, opening it and looking around. she took a step, stopping when she felt something under her shoe.

she looked down, picking up a bracelet of jungkook's that he had given her mother a long time ago.

hyejin gulped as she clenched the bracelet against her chest, she never takes it off.

hyejin's chest began to heave as she licked her lips, running away from the house.

she bolted through the area, her palm began to get sweaty as she continued to clench onto jungkook's bracelet.

"appa!" she screamed as she got closer to the gate of the area.

taehyung was standing there, gun in his arms and pointing at the zombies that snarled at the gate.

"appa!" she screamed again, gaining attention from taehyung. he pushed his gun to his side, "hyejin-ah, what's wrong-"

"something happened to mom!" she panted, holding her tears back.

"w-what?"

"something happened to her! someone knocked at the door, she answered it and I don't know what happened to her," she cried. "she wouldn't leave me!"

"okay, okay, baby, i'm gonna need you to calm down-"

"appa her bracelet was on the floor!" she sobbed, shoving the bracelet towards him.

taehyung's throat closed up as he pinched the bracelet between his fingers, "she never takes it off..."

hyejin sobbed as she worried for her mother. taehyung licked his lips, suppressing the fear that was bound to burst from his body.

"okay, we're gonna go back to the house, okay? you're going to pack everything that we can for the road, you have to be ready."

"r-ready for what?"

"to run," he said. "I think I might know where she might be...those bastards...you know where everything is, we've gone over it millions of times, yeah?"

he grasped onto hyejin's shoulders as she wiped her tears, "me and your mom taught you this when you were little, do you remember?"

"o-operation puppies and kittens, so I wouldn't be so scared..."

he chuckled as he pat the side of her head, cupping her cheek, "operation puppies and kittens is underway. it's happening now for real and I need you to be strong, I need to know you can do this..."

she nodded her head, "I-I can do it..."

"that's my girl," he whispered. "come on, we have to find your mom quickly."

________________

happy halloween !!

❖ ❖ ❖