Chapter 118

A few moments ago,

Neonika got a phone call from the London doctor, and she attended it walking to the other side. Jennifer used this time to push the policewomen holding her and took the gun from one of their pockets and aimed at Manik. 

Everything was so quick that none of them didn't able to decipher. But Neonika saw this and immediately ran towards Manik, and then.......

Manik embraced a screaming Nandini, covering her inside his hold, frightened by the gun shot sound

Manik embraced a screaming Nandini, covering her inside his hold, frightened by the gun shot sound... But then he slowly lifted his face to look at a falling Neonika, infront of him. 

Sreekanth immediately ran and held her and placed her on his lap, sitting with her on the ground.

"Neonika....Neonika..."

Everyone stood shocked for a moment, and then came running towards her. 

Jennifer's fear, anger, everything surrendered when she saw her mother falling to the ground. Her hold on the gun slowly loosened along with her grip on her emotions, she fell down on her knees....................................

 Her hold on the gun slowly loosened along with her grip on her emotions, she fell down on her knees

The hospital van came to halt, and two attenders ran towards her to hold Jenni. Her tired body involuntarily moved with the attenders, towards the hospital van, but her eyes never left her mother's face for once.

.......

Sreekanth and Dev tried to pick Neonika to take her to the hospital immediately, but she refused them, and said in a broken voice,

"No... mujhe hospital nahi jaana hai..... I deserve to die, and today I'm so happy, because... maine apni beti ki zindagi barbaad ki, aur aaj usi ki haath se main marnewaali hu...... zindagi main jo bhi paap maine kiya hai, sabse aaj mujhe mukthi mil gayi"

Manik looked at a fainted Nandini in his hold, and then tried to call her. Prerna, Navya and Veena held Nandini and helped her to sit, while Prerna signalled Manik to go towards Neonika, and then they sprinkled water on her.

.....

Manik immediately went and picked Neonika in his arms, without giving ears to her protest. Cabir started the car, and then Manik sat on the back seat, laying Neonika next to him.

Every other gents also followed the car to the hospital.

................

"Ma..nik... main ab bach nahi paayegi... aur... bachna bhi nahi chahiye... please... stop the car..." But Manik didn't look at her, and he told Cabir to drive fast.

Neonika slowly lifted her hand and held Manik's cheek. Her cold touch made him look at her.

"Mujhe maaf kardo Manik..... maine tumhare saath bahut galat ki... jab tum chotte the, tab tum Mom Mom bulaa kar humesha mere aage peeche... par meri greed sab se zyaada thi....maine kya kuch nahi ki.... phir bhi tum mujhe bachaa ne ki koshish kar raha hai.....No Manik... {Her breathing started to increase its pace, Manik again shouted to speed up the car}

...... par jaane se pehle main ek baat.... ek... aur... baar... Mom bula...sakte ho?" He looked at Neonika, but she closed her eyes after a long exhale of air

"Mommm" Manik cried cupping her face, and the car halted with a sudden brake.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................