Chapter 10: A Glorified Idiot

Platform 9 and 3/4 was packed, per usual

Platform 9 and 3/4 was packed, per usual. It looked just as it had last year, but Amora was looking much more forward to this year. Her and Cedric received letters as Quidditch Captains that Quidditch was to be cancelled this year, but McGonagall promised that it was to be replaced with something much more exciting. Quidditch was the least of Cedric's worries, however, after the whole rope incident. He was now fiercely overprotective of Amora, but she was not the type that wished to be babied.

"Let me get that for you," he muttered as he lifted her bag on the top of the compartment.

"I can do it myself," she said as she reached for it. Cedric ignored her and placed it up himself as Ned and Belle exchanged a worried glance. Amora sat down, silently fuming, as everyone crowded into the compartment. Rey and Cedric leaned out of the window and gave their parents a wave goodbye. Amora half heartedly peered out the window and Amos gave her a grin and she gave him a thumbs up. Amos and Heather Diggory were better parents to her than anyone could be. Then, the train horn blew and the Hogwarts Express was en route.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"What did the guy say to you?" Aaron pressed. Amora took a shaky breath as she tried to remember the night's events. She was almost sure that the man who tried to kill her was Lucius, but she felt as if it was unsafe to reveal that.

"Nothing," Amora muttered as she redirected her gaze out the window.

"He said something", Belle said as she looked at Amora.

"Guys leave her alone, she isn't answering any questions," Cedric snapped. That ticked Amora off. Why couldn't she answer any questions? Because he said so?

"He just mentioned Bellatrix and something about...em..." Amora trailed off.

"About what?" Ned asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

"The Dark Lord wanting me and Aaron, but I wasn't needed so I guess he was gonna kill me and take off with Aaron," Amora muttered. Aaron's eyes widened and Amora noticed Rey's grip on his arm tighten.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to me or Amora, alright?" Aaron whispered to Rey and she quietly nodded, but the fear in her eyes said otherwise. Amora leaned back and rested her head on Cedric's chest. He wrapped his arms around her and she let out a sigh of relief. No matter how angry they could be at one another, they always found their way back to each other in the end.

"Anyways," Belle coughed, trying to change the subject, "What's up with Quidditch being cancelled?"

"I can't believe they cancelled Quidditch, but it better be one hell of an alternative," Amora scoffed as she moodily crossed her arms.