one ━ backstory start

a/n:

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER

I'm aware of the controversy and stuff going on with Yagami Yato so I'm putting this here to say that I'm on neither side. Nicknames will still be used because they're already embedded into story, and it's up to you to decide if you want to read or not.

Please don't have a discussion about this in the comments.

Mature or triggering themes that may be used in this story: non con - self harm - toxic relationships - age gap relationships - sexual themes... and that's only a few I could name, so please be prepared for more around that kind of category. 

IF YOU DON'T LIKE OR FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE READING THAT STUFF THEN LEAVE

ALSO I'm aware that the backstory is a bit depressing so you have the choice to skip through it, but don't complain to me if some things are confusing...

━━━━━━

CHAPTER 1: FAILED TO DIE

"Where did you find her?"

"Out in the streets."

━━━━━━ 

You never had much.

Cold and hungry.

The only things you've felt. Nothing else.

Your name and body.

The only things you knew. No one else's.

Painful or not, they are what made you alive— no.

They forced you to stay alive. To continue living in this cruel and unjust world.

To be desperate enough to search through a whole trash bin, desperate enough to steal from those who passed by, desperate to steal from those who were as desperate.

But it was always never enough.

You don't know how many times you were close to death, nor how you continued to breathe the very next day. It was almost like you were immortal, but that wasn't the case.

This time you wanted to leave, and you hoped your body followed.

━━━━━━ 

"She's thin and pale. It's a miracle that she's still breathing."

━━━━━━ 

You held the teacup carefully, with slightly trembling hands. The hot liquid warmed everything around it, including your fingertips. It was an unfamiliar feeling, yet you cherished it.

You liked it.

And like a child desperate for their mother, you wished for more.

With shaky hands you bring the cup close to your face, pressing against your cheek. It felt better there, than in your hands. But slowly, you felt the warmth seep away. You checked every side of the cup, only to get the same result.